Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     FILEDEF for images in UNIX

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
FILEDEF for images in UNIX
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi All,
I have a problem in accessing the images stored in the server and refer the stored images in excel format requests.
Problem is,
We have the WFclient deployed in server1 and the WF reporting server deployed in server2. When I issue the FILDEF command

FILEDEF XYZ DISK /home/webfocus/ibi/apps/sm66272/XYZ.gif

the image is actually storing in the WFreporting server i.e in server2 and I could not able to refer the stored images in WFreportingserver through an http URL.
[i.e to show the images in ]
I need your help in finding a way either to access the image stored in server2 or how do issue my FILEDEF command to store the image in server1, as I can able to access the server1 images through the URL.

Thanks
Cnu

WF 8.0.0.9 Database : oracle

CURRENT:
WebFOCUS 8.0.0.9 /oracle 11 i

Posts: 51 | Registered: September 20, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Cnu,

You have to copy it to the WF client path. When run from a browser, the images are served from the web server. Your html page should reference images as

http://yourwebserver/approot/dirname/yourimage.gif

Or you can make it relative to the server by starting with /approot.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
.e to show the images in ]
I need your help in finding

Thanks Ginny.

Can you gimme CAR example to store my images in the webserver approot/dir directory. Because when I use FILDEF and give the path as
FILEDEF XYZ DISK /home/webfocus/ibi/apps/sm66272/XYZ.gif

it is actually storing the images in the webfocus reporting server path , as these are graphs dynamically generated Is there any way to copy those dynamically generated graph gifs to the webserver directory at run time.

[To remind] our reporting server is in a seperate machine and reporting client is in a seperate machine where the appserver(WebSphere) is installed. All the environments is in UNIX.

Thanks,
Cnu

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Srinivasan_Munuswamy,

CURRENT:

Expert
posted Hide Post
Cnu,

As I said above, you cannot save into the client server from the reporting server. If you are on Windows, you could possibly do a Windows-mapped drive, then do an APP MAP to that drive, then filedef it and save.

And there is always ftp.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ginny,
My servers are in UNIX environments,Is there a way I could issue my ftp command in my fex itself so that I can refer images in the excel.
Thanks
Cnu

CURRENT:

Expert
posted Hide Post
Cnu,

You can run a script from a fex, not the individual commands. The latter won't work for obvious reasons. Make sure that you have security handled. Also make sure that the file permissions on the target box are correct after the ftp.

Ginny

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
latter won't work for ob

Thanks Ginny!!!
Ftp works and the Excel shows the images,but due to security issue client refused this options Frowner

regards
Cnu

CURRENT: