Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Back from my sabbatical!

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Back from my sabbatical!
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Took six weeks off to recharge my batteries.

Hope all is well here on the forum.

I spent 9 days in France (mostly in Paris) and had a great time. I blogged about my time here (mainly photographs): Francis in Paris.

Hope to get back into the groove ASAP.

Cheers,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Welcome back.

Hope you've got a job somewhere.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I have a short contract. I hope it gets renewed.

Thanks for the fireworks!

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Francis. My wife's favorite quote about visiting Paris: "Paris is always a good idea."

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Paris is always a good idea

Isn't that from Sabrina ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Paris is always a good idea."

Isn't that from Sabrina?

Audrey Hepburn.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Definitely is always a good idea.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Welcome Back!

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Welcome Back and thanks for sharing your experiences and photos. Beautiful pictures!! You have a retirement job waiting for you, photographer extraordinaire.

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.1.05
Windows 7 Professional
IE 11 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m.
Mostly HTML, PDF, Excel, and AHTML

Posts: 272 | Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: September 30, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Michelle, thanks very much for your comments.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Bienvenue Francis!

It was good to finally get to see you in one of the pictures, though Erika and Azia stole most of the attention Music

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis,

Welcome back!! Warm greetings from Kathleen and myself. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njsden:
Bienvenue Francis!

It was good to finally get to see you in one of the pictures, though Erika and Azia stole most of the attention Music

Yes, there were almost no people in my photos! That was the point Smiler

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kerry:
Welcome back!! Warm greetings from Kathleen and myself. Smiler

Thanks very much.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Good to see you back and in action, Francis! I thoroughly enjoyed your pics of Paris. There were lots of beautiful and interesting pictures there. Loved the captions too.

What kind of camera and software were you using for these? You mentioned Hipstamatic too? Isn't that only for smartphones? Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Now get back to work! Wink

Norb

prod:7.6.9, win2k3 mre, caster, bid, devstudio 7.6.9

Posts: 242 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: February 16, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Francis!!!

Great pics as usual!! Any Midnight in Paris photos?

Lurker

WF 8105M
- Portal, Dashboard
- Rcaster, Data Migrator
- Windows 2012 Client Server
- Dev/App Studio 8105
- Data: SQL, Oracle, Neteeza,MVS

<JJI>
posted
Francis,

Indeed welcome back. Like other members here I have to say that you photo's are grandiose!!!

I like photograghy myself but with my Nikon D90 I'm not able(yet) to produce pictures like that.
Terrific compositions, nice colors, etc...

Nice, nice, nice. I just love it.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Norb, Dirk,

Thanks for the wonderful comments regarding my photography. I wasn't sure they'd be interesting because there are no famous monuments or buildings in them. I've been to Paris many times, so this time I just wanted to record the every-day stuff, which, to me is very interesting. Psychogeography and flânerie keep me going!

I used a Nikon D90 and one lens, a Sigma 17-70 (I usually travel with a big bag of equipment). And I used Hipstamatic, a camera app on my iPhone 4. I brought a MacBook Pro with me and I use Aperture to manage and edit my photos. Lots of fun.

Francis.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
After all of that I can now understand your frustration with the HTML Composer Big Grin

Seriously, it's very good to have you back in town and at Focal Point sharing wonderful tips as usual.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.