Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
burst report
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I followed the directions in the documentation for Bursting A Report

Example: Bursting a Report
The following report procedure creates an HTML report output file for each different REGION value in the GGSALES data source. The report output files are named test0000.html, test0001.html, test0002.html, and so forth. The HTML index page is named test.html and contains a hyperlink for each REGION data value. The directory you select depends on where WebFOCUS is installed. In this example, the index page is stored in the directory e:\ibi\WebFOCUS435\temp.

TABLE FILE GGSALES
HEADING
"Regional Report"
SUM UNITS AND DOLLARS
BY REGION BY STCD BY CATEGORY
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOPAGE
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"Year‑end Sales:"
"Regional Summary by Store"
ON REGION PCSEND LOCATION E:\IBI\WebFOCUS435\temp AS TEST FORMAT HTMLEND

After running this request, no report output is returned, but the following message displays if the request was successful:

The bursted files were successfully created.

Separate HTML files are created for each value of the major sort field REGION and are stored in the location specified in the request.

In doing this an html index page is created called test.html located on the server. This may seem like a really stupid question, but how do I get the index page to appear on my screen so people can access the reports that it is linked to?

Posts: 46 | Location: Taylor University in Upland Indiana | Registered: May 20, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I understand the problem fully but is the file called test.html or test.htm? If it is test.htm you may be able to create a focexec with one line of code below to display it.

-HTMLFORM test

Posts: 90 | Location: Tinker AFB | Registered: June 03, 2003Report This Post