Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Mainframe focus - stopping a run due to no records found

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Mainframe focus - stopping a run due to no records found
 Login/Join

posted
Hello.

Is there a command withing mainframe FOCUS - batch and/or on-line - that will check the status of a file read and stop the run if there are no records found?

Thanks.

Tom

Posts: 12 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: September 12, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tom,

ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
-SET &XLINES = &LINES;
-IF &XLINES EQ 0 GOTO NO_RECS;
TABLE FILE HOLD
ETC.

END
-GOTO EOJ
-NO_RECS
-QUIT FOCUS 99
-EOJ

Hope this helps...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tom.

The one command I'm not sure about is

-QUIT FOCUS 99

What exactly goes there? What is 'FOCUS 99'? The name of my fex? or is that a constant?

Tom

Posts: 12 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: September 12, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tom,

1st: extract your data, then hold it. That was my 1st example.

2nd: Check to see if there are any records, &LINES. If Yes, carry on. If No, branch to the bottom of the program to the label NO_RECS, or, whatever you want to call the label.

-QUIT FOCUS 99 will give you an abend code of 99 and stop processing.

If there are records, keep processing until END, then branch around the NO_RECS label and END normally...

I hope I expalined this OK...

Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds good! I'll give it a try.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

Tom

Expert
posted Hide Post
Welcome...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe