Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Listbox in chain not populating when "+" is in value passed to fex.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Listbox in chain not populating when "+" is in value passed to fex.
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone, First time posting here. I have a html page with 5 listboxes in a chain CaceRunTimeMode = 0 so the first control is used to populate the second control and so on down the chain. The last control (5), populates correctly when the page is loaded and subsequently populates correctly when the value from control 4 does not contain the + (plus) sign. For example selecting the value +R from control four (Package Code), returns nothing to the fifth control (Service Code), but there is a value and running the fex by itself returns the results. The strange thing is for every other combination (1T, TL, -2, etc..), the fifth control populates correctly, it is only when the value from the previous selection begins with the plus sign. Has anyone seen this before or have an answer.

Code from my 5th fex file in the chain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-* I added this line to all fexes in the chain to see if it would take care of the issue. Originally it was not there, however it did not solve the issue.
ENGINE SQLORA SET ORACHAR VAR

TABLE FILE PKS_SERVS
PRINT
'DST.SERV_CDE_PKS'
BY 'SERV_CDE_PKS'
WHERE SYS_PKS EQ &sys.(OR(FIND SYS_PKS IN PKS_SERVS)).sys.;
WHERE PRIN_PKS EQ &prin.(OR(FIND PRIN_PKS IN PKS_SERVS)).prin.;
WHERE AGNT_PKS EQ &agent.(OR(FIND AGNT_PKS IN PKS_SERVS)).agent.;
WHERE PKG_CDE_PKS EQ &pkgcode.(OR(FIND PKG_CDE_PKS IN PKS_SERVS)).pkgcode.;
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
END

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sys is the 1st control
prin is the second control
agent is the third control
pkgcode is the second control

Thanks,
David

wf: 7.6.4
App. and reporting server: UNIX/AIX 5.3

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
David,

What version are you at? I do know that in some areas in Version 7.6.2 the java interpretaion would not treat a '+' in the code as a plus sign, but eliminate it when in the editor under BID. This may be an issue for you as well.

I also know that when we were doing a migration from one version to the next that domain names with certain characters in them caused issues.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Leah,
We are running version 7.6.2 on AIX.

The Domain names shouldn't be an issue I think. The data retrieved into the control are values from a column in the database. If I run the fex by itself it does create the correct XML, but within the chain the values don't populate to the control.

David

Master
posted Hide Post
Plus signs are "protected" characters in HTTP - they are used in URLs as stand-ins for spaces - because actual space characters are suppressed in URLs.

To preserve the plus sign so it doesn't get translated into a space in the issued URL, typically the JavaScript should "URL encode" the data before submitting it to the server via URL.

You need to modify the javascript for your listbox via an escape() function to the data string during the query.

The universally recommended escape function is encodeURIComponent().

Also please see:
http://xkr.us/articles/javascript/encode-compare/

Hope this helps.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob, I'll take a look at the escape methods and apply it to our HTML.

David