Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     RC API SUB ROUTINE CALLS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
RC API SUB ROUTINE CALLS
 Login/Join

<Kalyan>
posted
Hi,
I am trying to use report caster api and make subroutine call from a fex. The code is as below:
-SET &SUBERR=DSTBULK(
- 'user_id',7,
- 'passwd',6,
- 'servername',24,
- 'KALYAN',6,
- 'C',1,
- 'PU',2,
- 'MAIL',4,
- 'user_id',7,
- 'testtest',8,
- ' ',0,
- ' ',0,
- ' ',0,
- 'I4');
-IF &SUBERR EQ 0 GOTO SUCCESS;
-TYPE "FAILURE IS THE STEPPING STONE FOR SUCCESS---"&SUBERR
-GOTO EXIT
-SUCCESS
-TYPE "YOU HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO"
-EXIT

When I run this fex I get the message "you have a long way to go" with the value of &suberr as zero but i dont see the distribution list in the RC console. Where am I going wrong?
I am using WF 5.2.3.

The external file testtest.fex is of the format
emailid1@xyz.com,,$
emailid2@xyz.com,,$
emailid3@xyz.com,,$

Thanks
Kalyan

Report This Post
<Kalyan>
posted
One more question I had:
Are there similar subroutines for scheduling also? The manual talks only of 3 subroutines !

Thanks

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
The return from -SET &SUBERR=DSTBULK... should be Zero if your code is correct. However I suspect that you are missing a couple of steps.

Look at http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/ibase/master...capi_52/04rcapi6.htm 'the filedefs are very important'

Report This Post
<Kalyan>
posted
In the help page link there is one eg of "Replacing Members in a Distribution List Using DSTBULK " Instead of replcaing I am trying to create a new DL. The filedef used in the eg is to point to the location of a log file. Am I right ?
In fact I tried to create a DL through Report caster console and was able to do it. Then I tried to replace members in the DL ( using the same syntax as given in the eg.) but was not successful !!
Any ideas why???

Thanks
Kalyan.

Report This Post