Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Issue in Graph....... for no data

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Issue in Graph....... for no data
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I tried drawing graph with 3 columns (using set GMERGE option)

Eg;

SET GMERGE = ON
SUM A BY B
ACROSS C

The graph style that I have set is 42

setGraphType(42);

While doing this way, the graph line drags to 0 if the field does not have data.

In the above example�.

If there is no data in the field A for particular data in filed C, then the line B drags to 0 which conveys wrong info.
There should be no plotting when there is no data for A across C

Can anyone help me out in this?

Posts: 36 | Location: India | Registered: October 06, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Lookup the VZERO setting for Graphs and it's use in combination with setFillMissingData(0);

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I Have set
SET VZERO=OFF and
setFillMissingData(0);

Even then I face the problem.

The following is the graph style commands that I have used

SET VZERO=OFF
SET GRMERGE=ON
GRAPH FILE TEMPFILE
ON GRAPH SET 3D OFF

SUM A AS 'MIS' BY B
ACROSS C AS 'PRODUCTION MONTH'

ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBAR
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *
setGraphType(41);
setFillMissingData(0);
setTextJustHoriz(getTitle(),1);
setTextRotation(getO1Label(0),0);
setTextJustHoriz(getSubtitle(),1);
setO1LabelStagger(false);
setX1LabelRotate(2);
setTextRotation(getO1Label(0),1);
setO1MajorGridDisplay(false);
setX1MajorGridDisplay(false);
setY1MajorGridDisplay(true);
setTitleAutofit(true);
setX1TitleDisplay(true);
setUseSeriesShapes(true);
setLegendMarkerPosition(2);
setY1ZeroLineDisplay(false);
setLegendMarkerPosition(0);
setY1OffScaleDisplay(false);
setPlace(true);
ENDSTYLE

Expert
posted Hide Post
Sriveda,

Render the graph on the client rather than the server and once the java has loaded, right click on the non java area and select View Source. In this you will find sectons where the data series are established. If the supposed null values are shown as zeroes then your data is not coming through as nulls (or missing) so I would suggest that you modify your graph to something like -

GRAPH FILE TEMPFILE
SUM COMPUTE NEW_VAL/D15.2 MISSING ON = IF A NE 0 THEN A ELSE MISSING; AS 'MIS'
BY B
ACROSS C AS 'PRODUCTION MONTH'
etc. ..........

That should ensure that your data really has missing values and behave accordingly.

T

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I tried this way too... still it does'nt work.

Actually the zero data gets ignored if the graph is between just two columns.
The problem comes when the graph is plotted with three fields.

Please find the procedure code that I had used for graph

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
COMPUTE MAXDATE1/YYMD = HDATE(VEHICLEPRODUCTIONDATE,'YYMD');
COMPUTE DODATE/MtY = HDATE(VEHICLEPRODUCTIONDATE, 'YYMD');
COMPUTE MISV/I2 = MONTHINSERVICE;
ON TABLE HOLD AS TEMPFILE1
END

DEFINE FILE TEMPFILE1 ADD
-READ MAXDATE, NOCLOSE &MS
CLAIMFIN/P12.2 MISSING ON = IF MAXDATE1 LE &MS.EVAL THEN CLAIM ELSE MISSING;
TOTALCOSTFIN/P12.2 MISSING ON = IF MAXDATE1 LE &MS.EVAL THEN TOTALCOST ELSE MISSING;
END

SET GRMERGE=ON
GRAPH FILE TEMPFILE1
ON GRAPH SET 3D OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRID ON

SUM CLAIMFIN AS 'MIS' BY MISV
ACROSS DODATE AS 'PRODUCTION MONTH'

ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *
setGraphType(41);
setFillMissingData(0);
setSubtitleString("&BASON");
setTextJustHoriz(getTitle(),1);
setTextRotation(getO1Label(0),0);
setTextJustHoriz(getSubtitle(),1);
setO1LabelStagger(false);
setX1LabelRotate(2);
setTextRotation(getO1Label(0),1);
setO1MajorGridDisplay(false);
setX1MajorGridDisplay(false);
setY1MajorGridDisplay(true);
setTitleAutofit(true);
setX1TitleDisplay(true);
setUseSeriesShapes(true);
setLegendMarkerPosition(2);
setY1TitleString("&BASON");
setY1ZeroLineDisplay(false);
setLegendMarkerPosition(0);
setY1OffScaleDisplay(false);
setY1ScaleMinAuto(false);
setY1ScaleMin(0);
setPlace(true);
ENDSTYLE
END

I AM WORKING ON THIS FOR PAST ONE WEEK... BUT NOT ABLE TO FIND A SOLUTION..... :-(

Expert
posted Hide Post
There is a bug in some versions (I have reported it in two versions - 5.2.3 and 5.3.2 - I think), so it is worth the time to check with your local support if this is the situation with the version that you are using.

Don't forget that the Forum can help most of the time but when it becomes obvious that there is a possible bug then you MUST contact your support to raise a case for the issue. That way you won't waste time trying to get an anwser that isn't available.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
oK Tony,

Let me do that

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
oK Tony,

Let me do that.

Thanks for your help

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

I would also like to know if it is possible to wrap the data in the heading of a report while exporting it to either Excel or PDF. I find many examples for wrapping data in a column but not in the heading.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Sridevi,

Check out this document Quick Reference Card and save a local copy (print it even).

This document is the Quick Reference Card for 5.3 and above and contains all the syntax for WebFOCUS that you should need. There is a good section on styling that should be of use to you.

Check out the SQUEEZE option for a Report Column (TYPE=REPORT,COLUMN=nnnnnnnn) which will help with your header problem.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Tony - That is a very helpful document for New People...Thanks for sharing. We should recommend that one frequently.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Prarie,

Too true, it would be nice if IB included a few copies with each software package or at least one with each Dev Studio.

I've just checked the 7.1 documentation CD and I couldn't locate it, so another idea for IB would be to include it on that CD.

I (still) have a copy of the FOCUS quick reference card from way back (tri-fold A4 size - no prizes for guessing how old it is Smiler ) and that is useful for syntax even now. Plus the one for FOCUS MODIFY - soon to be an antique? Both are in good condition especially considering their age and usage Razzer

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Is there any way to force a blank graph to be created when there are no data values to plot? I'm looking for a GRAPH FILE equivalent of SET EMPTYREPORT=ON.

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Mickey,

I used to store a gif on the server that represented an empty graph, so that when no records were returned I could render that instead.

I also had the occasional problem when saving as a gif didn't work, so I used to perform a read on the saved file and if the first six chars were not GIF98a then I, again, used to display the empty gif instead.

<DocServices>
posted
Greetings,

The WebFOCUS Quick Reference Reporting Handbook Version 5.3 and higher will be available on the next documentation CD (for version 7.1.3).

In the meantime, you can view, download, and/or buy the WebFOCUS Quick Reference Reporting Handbook (DN4500671.0905) from the Technical Documentation Library (i-Base).

If you have an InfoResponse ID, login on the Tech Support Web site and then access the Library. By logging in first, you can view and download the PDF file.

You can access the Technical Documentation Library via the following Web sites:

• www.iwaysoftware.com
    (From the top navigation bar, click Services & Support. Then select Bookstore.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jennifer

Report This Post