Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     SCHEDULE BUTTON ON HTML PAGE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SCHEDULE BUTTON ON HTML PAGE
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi
I urgently need to find a method to schedule a batch job from a self serv html page. It will be very close to the TM4626;however, I don't have the MRE in my system, so the method from Vincent Lam is not working.
Since I am using 7.1.3 Webfocus, I hope I can make use of the method.
Any one has any solution? Please help me

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.1 CGI - Self Service - Report Caster,Win2000/IIS
Output: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF

Posts: 36 | Location: LOS ANGELES | Registered: February 01, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can still use the sample from Vincent. I shouldn't any more then a couple of hours to change it to what you need. Pay close attention to the parameters named IBIB_domainhref and IBIB_folderhref (ignored for self service). Also, look for the creation of the variable taskType=Task.STANDARD_REPORT, change it to Task.WEBFOCUS_SERVER_PROCEDURE. There may be a couple of little things, but the changing from STANDARD_REPORT to WEBFOCUS_SERVER_PROCEDURE is all you should really have to do.

Lastly, in the gotoSchedule change
if(errmsg != null) {
%>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIB_domainhref" value='<%= request.getParameter("IBIB_domainhref") %>'>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIB_taskobj" value='<%= request.getParameter("IBIB_taskobj") %>'>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIB_folderhref" value='<%= request.getParameter("IBIB_folderhref") %>'>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIB_server" value='<%= request.getParameter("IBIB_server") %>'>
<%
}
else {
%>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIB_domainhref" value='<%= request.getParameter("IBIMR_domain") %>'>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIB_taskobj" value='<%= request.getParameter("IBIMR_fex") %>'>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIB_folderhref" value='<%= request.getParameter("IBIMR_folder") %>'>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIB_server" value='<%= request.getParameter("IBIC_server") %>'>
<%
}
%>  

to

if(errmsg != null) {
%>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIB_taskobj" value='<%= request.getParameter("IBIB_taskobj") %>'>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIB_server" value='<%= request.getParameter("IBIB_server") %>'>
<%
}
else {
%>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIB_taskobj" value='<%= request.getParameter("IBIF_exec") %>'>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIB_server" value='<%= request.getParameter("IBIC_server") %>'>
<%
}
%>

That should take care of it. Forgive me if there are any minor issues I haven't pointed out ... it has been almost 8 months since the last time I looked at this.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply.
I have major problem in following due to my lack of jsp knowledge.
a few changes I made-
I changed the go..jsp by deleting the 2 lines as shown in your sample, but not working.
I still have the AUTH.. problem.

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.1 CGI - Self Service - Report Caster,Win2000/IIS
Output: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF

Posts: 36 | Location: LOS ANGELES | Registered: February 01, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Oh ya, the Auth problem!

The example you are working with relies on either the MR_COOKIE or the RC_COOKIE being set. If you are not logging onto MRE then that would be a problem.

A quick workaround is to edit the Schedule.jsp and look for the following line in getScheduleManager function.
CasterConnection cciConnection = (CasterConnection)connectionFactory.getConnection(credential);

Comment it out with // at the beginning of the line and replace with:
CasterConnection cciConnection = (CasterConnection)connectionFactory.getConnection(new PasswordCredential("admin", new char[0]));

That is the default admin userid with no password. This should get you by the authentication problem for now. You should really replace it with the users valid RC userid and password, but get it working like this before you tackle that.

When you are ready, you can pass two more parameters containing the userid and password (e.g. rcUserid and rcPassword). Then you will replace the above line with:
CasterConnection cciConnection = (CasterConnection)connectionFactory.getConnection(new PasswordCredential(request.getParameter("rcUserid"), request.getParameter("rcPassword").toCharArray()));

Hope this helps

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post