Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     HOW TO DISPLAY A SPECIFIC NUMBER OF RECORDS?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HOW TO DISPLAY A SPECIFIC NUMBER OF RECORDS?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello to everybody:

I have a report of 100 customer, but I need to display the 30 main customers, I'm using BY HIGHEST but how can I get just the 30 customers...??

Thanks...!!

Product: webfocus 7.1.1.

Posts: 24 | Location: El Salvador | Registered: March 28, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
BY HIGHEST 30 CUST

dwf

Posts: 135 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Marielos,

From the WF Doc...

Example: Ranking and Restricting Sort Field Values
Ranking sort field values is frequently combined with restricting sort field values by rank, as in the following example.

TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
PRINT LAST_NAME
RANKED BY HIGHEST 5 CURR_SAL
END
The output is:

RANK
CURR_SAL LAST_NAME

1 $29,700.00 BANNING
2 $27,062.00 CROSS
3 $26,862.00 IRVING
4 $21,780.00 BLACKWOOD
5 $21,120.00 ROMANS

Hope this helps,

Kevin

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX

Posts: 141 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin It's good idea using Rank, but let me tell you that I'm doing a group by the sum and my out-put is like this:

1- Irving
$30.00
------
$45

2- Kevin
------
$37.00

Then I need to display the 30 names that have the highest value (sum)

By the way is there another way to number the names of customers, the problem with Rank is the title, or can I change it??

Thank you very much,

Posts: 24 | Location: El Salvador | Registered: March 28, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Marielos,

Yes, you can change the title of RANK.

RANKED AS 'My Title' BY HIGHEST 30 PROD_CODE.

Have to run quickly, but will get back to you on the sub-total.

Kevin

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX

Posts: 141 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 09, 2005Report This Post
<RickW>
posted
The LIST command might work. Maybe something like this;

TABLE FILE STUFF
SUM AMOUNT AS TAMT
BY NAME
SUM AMOUNT
BY NAME
BY PRODCODE
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE HOLD AS H1
END