Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Web Services Adapter for WebFOCUS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Web Services Adapter for WebFOCUS
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Greetings-

I've been investigating the capabilities for the web service data adapter provided by WebFOCUS to consume data from some Microsoft .NET Web Services. Our initial prototypes are working pretty well.

I've been through the Web Service Adapter documentation, but don't seem to be able to figure out a couple of issues.

1) Web Service Input Parameters - How do I specify the value for input parameters for my webservice. I can see the definitions in the master file, I'm just not sure how they are used. Can I specify them in the FEX? (see master file, below)

2) SOAP Data Types - I am able to process return types where the web service returns a single array of a complex type or a single complex type. Does the web service adapter support more complicated document return types? (e.g. Arrays of Arrays of Complex Types, etc)

Thanks.

Here is the Master File for a simple webservice for input parameter testing. It accepts three input parameters (item1, item2, item3) in the request and returns them in the reply (StringItem, IntItem, DateTimeItem).

FILENAME=M6ILO, SUFFIX=SOAP , $
SEGMENT=INPUTTEST01, SEGTYPE=S0, $
GROUP=INPUTTEST01, ALIAS=InputTest01, USAGE=A44, ACTUAL=A76, $
FIELDNAME=ITEM1, ALIAS=item1, USAGE=A30, ACTUAL=A30, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(NEED_VALUE), $
FIELDNAME=ITEM2, ALIAS=item2, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=A11, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(NEED_VALUE), $
FIELDNAME=ITEM3, ALIAS=item3, USAGE=HYYMDm, ACTUAL=A35, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(NEED_VALUE), $
FIELDNAME=__RESPONSE, USAGE=TX80, ACTUAL=TX, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(INTERNAL), $
SEGMENT=RESPONSE, SEGTYPE=S0, SEGSUF=XML , PARENT=INPUTTEST01, POSITION=__RESPONSE, $
FIELDNAME=RESPONSE, ALIAS=InputTest01Response, USAGE=A1, ACTUAL=A1, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(INTERNAL), $
FIELDNAME=INPUTTEST01RESULT, ALIAS=InputTest01Result, USAGE=A1, ACTUAL=A1, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(INTERNAL),
REFERENCE=RESPONSE, PROPERTY=ELEMENT, $
FIELDNAME=STRINGITEM, ALIAS=StringItem, USAGE=A30, ACTUAL=A30,
REFERENCE=INPUTTEST01RESULT, PROPERTY=ELEMENT, $
FIELDNAME=INTITEM, ALIAS=IntItem, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=A11,
FIELDNAME=DATETIMEITEM, ALIAS=DateTimeItem, USAGE=HYYMDm, ACTUAL=A35,

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.10, Data Migrator 7.6.10
QA: WebFOCUS 7.6.10, Data Migrator 7.6.10
Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.2, Data Migrator 7.6.8
Windows 2K3, Tomcat 5.5.17, IIS 6
Usage: HTML, PDF, Excel, Self-serve, BID and MRE

Posts: 197 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: January 24, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
1) Specify the input parameter with a WHERE statement in your table request. Eg WHERE ITEM1 EQ 'ENGLAND';

2) You should go to CSS on this one. I've consumed a WS with Arrays of Arrays, but that was over 2 years ago, and from what I can recall, it wasn't easy. I recall something about everything coming back as a single column that required multiple defines and computes just to assemble a report. I believe the outer array represented the first full column of the answerset, then the second instance of the outer array was the second full column of the answerset, and so on.

Sorry, not much to go on here.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The WHERE claused worked great. Thanks!

With regards to the multiple documents, I was afraid someone might reply with something like that. Odds are I'll avoid that for the time being. Smiler

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.10, Data Migrator 7.6.10
QA: WebFOCUS 7.6.10, Data Migrator 7.6.10
Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.2, Data Migrator 7.6.8
Windows 2K3, Tomcat 5.5.17, IIS 6
Usage: HTML, PDF, Excel, Self-serve, BID and MRE

Posts: 197 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: January 24, 2005Report This Post