Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HTML composer - using Accordion Control

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HTML composer - using Accordion Control
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I would like to use the accordion control as follows:

The accordion control is on the left of the HTML page, much like in MS Outlook. Then there is 1 big frame on the page to the right of the accordion control. That's where my reports will display. Inside each accordion page I put a button that runs a different report in the big frame when you click on it. So far everything works great.

Now, I want to find a way to have the report re-displayed when I change accordion tabs, ie without having to click the button that's inside. Then I would be able to make the button invisible, and the report frame would update when the user clicks to a different accordion page.

I looked at the accordion control and see that is has a piece called "BiAccordionButton-11", so I coded up a click function in the HTML, and had that call the click method of the plain button I added. Page would not load after that, and it just gets worse from here.

Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
You can use the following function to get a handle on the accordion:

//Begin function button3_onclick
function button3_onclick(ctrl) {
var acc = GetBindowsComponentById("accordion1");
acc.selectNextPage();
}

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure this is what I need. What I want is for the report frame to refresh when I click to the next accordion page. Your solution sounds like when I click on my own button (button3 in your post) it will go to the next accordion page. I might not have explained the original problem very well.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
David,

I would really like to know where this is documented:
quote:
You can use the following function to get a handle on the accordion - GetBindowsComponentById("accordion1");

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
It is not documented yet because we will be creating an API wrapper around it and that will be documented.

This function will get a handle on the accordion. Then you can pursue ideas on the report refresh interaction.

David Glick
WebFOCUS Division
Direct (917) 339-5560
Fax (212) 947-5168

Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks David.

Looks like we'll have to wait for that feature. For now, I'm using the tab tool in the html composter.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Expert
posted Hide Post
David,

Thanks for letting us know.

But I have to say I don't enjoy reading about a function here in FocalPoint that is not documented anywhere. We've been told that there is no documentation about the internal functions because we don't need to know about them. Once in a while an I.B. expert throws us a lifeline, but it's not documented. This seems a bit arbitrary...

Regards,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys,

I'm told we did expose this as an API function called IbComposer_getComponentById. I will verify it once I get in the office.

David Glick
WebFOCUS Division
Direct (917) 339-5560
Fax (212) 947-5168

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
IbComposer_getComponentById

I've used that JavaScript function in "regular" pages built with HTML composer, not the RIA-styled ones (Bindows) but if all is needed is an element's id from the DOM then that function should work just the same.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Several IbComposer functions are documented in Designing a User Interface for a Web Application With the HTML Composer > Using JavaScript Code With HTML Composer Pages, so I'm a slightly happier camper!

Francis