Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Creating Active Dash. in Doc. Composer: Following manual, but getting errors

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Creating Active Dash. in Doc. Composer: Following manual, but getting errors
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello,

I am following the instructions in the IB document 'Creating Reports with Graphical Tools' for creating an Active Dashboard in the Document Composer.

quote:

All HTML Active Reports in an Active Dashboard must have the same first (primary) sort field, which can originate from multiple Master File Descriptions, but must be the same name and format.

The common primary sort (BY) field is used to merge all of the HTML Active Reports for cross-scenario and cross-report filtering.

When an Active Dashboard is executed, WebFOCUS uses the common primary sort field to automatically build the drop-down menu that is used to select sort field values at the top of the page.

Multiple HTML Active Reports are embedded into a compound document to create an Active Dashboard.
In the compound document’s Properties window of the Document Composer, set the object’s Coordinate report property to On and the Output format to Active Report.

As specified above, all of my component Active Reports have the same primary sort (BY) field, but the drop-down menu is not automatically built when I run the dashboard.

Also, when I set the 'Coordinate report' option to On as specified in the document, the dashboard semi-runs; only the title text box is displayed and IE says 'Done, but with errors on page' in the status bar. This is the detail of the error message:

I read something in another Focal Point thread concerning Compound Document Creation...I'm not sure if it relates and/or sheds some light on my issue?

quote:
Originally posted by Darin Lee
The problem is a server configuration setting, not a code issue. There are a couple of ways to set up the server to properly create graphs. They are all described in the installation manuals. Basically you need to set up java paths correctly so the JSCOM3 service can start and run and then the IBI_USE_JSCOM3 setting tells the server to use that same java environment for preparing the graphs.

thanks,

sleepy

WebFOCUS (DEV and PROD): DevStudio 7.6.10 HF2 Servlet - MRE/Dashboard/Self Service/Report Caster - MS Windows XP SP2 - IIS & Apache - MS SQL 2005
Output: HTML (Internet Explorer 7), Excel 2003, PDF, Active Reports and FLEX

Posts: 38 | Location: Detroit, MI | Registered: September 23, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Sleepy, what version of IE are you using? I'd try IE6 before exploring further...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I'm using IE7, which is the company standard. I'm not sure if I can even get a copy of IE6, and even if it solves the problem, any user that runs a report is going to have IE7 as well. :-\

I'll try and get a copy of IE6 for testing purposes, but 'use IE6' isn't going to fly with the big-wigs as a solution. Wink

sleepy

WebFOCUS (DEV and PROD): DevStudio 7.6.10 HF2 Servlet - MRE/Dashboard/Self Service/Report Caster - MS Windows XP SP2 - IIS & Apache - MS SQL 2005

Posts: 38 | Location: Detroit, MI | Registered: September 23, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised the big-wigs allowed use of IE7. I have seen portions of B.I. Dashboard not working properly in IE7, but that was WF 5.3.2 so not relevant here. I'd verify with IB Tech Support that Active Dashboard is compatible with IE7.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you tried running the Active thing in Firefox or Safari?

• Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 8.0 is certified as of WebFOCUS Release 7.6.10. Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 6.0 SP2, 6.0 SP3 and 7.0 are certified with WebFOCUS 7.6.x Releases.
  • Mozilla Firefox Version 3.5.2 is certified as of WebFOCUS Release 7.6.10. Mozilla Firefox Version 2.0 is certified with WebFOCUS Release 7.6.2 and later. Mozilla Firefox Version 1.5 is certified with Releases 7.6.1 and 7.6.2.
  • In 7.6.8 and higher, you may use Apple Safari (Version 3.1.2) as the Web browser when using HTML Active Reports. For HTML Active Reports Apple Safari has the identical functionality as Mozilla Firefox.
  • Netscape Navigator is not certified or supported with Release 7.6.

From somewhere within WebFOCUS Release and Compatibility Information

Francis

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:
Have you tried running the Active thing in Firefox or Safari?

No, because I haven't figured out how to make Dev Studio use Firefox to open an HTML report when I click the 'Run' button. I have always had to open the Active Report or dashboard in IE and then save it as an .htm file. Once saved, I can open the .htm file in Firefox (which performs much faster, by the way).

Is there somewhere you can tell Dev Studio to use Firefox as the default browser?

sleepy