Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Need help with placement of Logo's

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Need help with placement of Logo's
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We have about 50 different logo's available for our clients and they are all different shapes and sizes. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to determine the placement for each of these?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 118 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: January 16, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Placement where? Isn't this a rather vague question?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I need to place all logo's in the upper right hand corner of the page. They vary greatly in size and shape. Rather than trying to figure out the exact POSITION and DIMENSION for every logo, I would like to align based on the right and top margins. I'm just guessing at the dimension size so most of the time the logos are stretched and blurry.

We are using the PDF Layout tool and this is the code that works for one logo.

SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
UNITS=IN, $
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='0.5^0.5^0.5^0.5', MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, PAGESIZE=Letter, $
PAGELAYOUT=ALL, NAME='Page Master', $
OBJECT=STRING, NAME='text1', TEXT='<font face="ARIAL" size=10><center>Report Name</center></font>', POSITION=(0.400 0.400), MARKUP=ON, WRAP=ON, DIMENSION=(6.7 0.417), STYLE=BOLD, METADATA=' OUTERHTML: <SPAN id=text1 style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 0.52in; WIDTH: 7.396in; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 1.399in; HEIGHT: 0.417in; TEXT-ALIGN: center" tabIndex=4><DIV>First Page Title</DIV></SPAN>', $

OBJECT=IMAGE,  NAME='image1', IMAGE=logo.gif, POSITION=(6.5 0.300), DIMENSION=(1.40 0.30), $
COMPONENT='DfltCmpt1', POSITION=(0 0), DIMENSION=(0 0), $  

I am able to get the Report Name to center on the page.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The only way I can see this working is if you've got catalogued in a file somewhere the exact dimensions and/or placement specifications of the images. You could read that file holding the necessary information, pull it back into &variables using -READ and then use those &vars in your stylesheet.

Our solution here is to resize the images so they are all exactly the same height/width. Some need extra white space around them, etc. but then placement is a non-issue.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Is the DIMENSION clause mandatory in the OBJECT=IMAGE statement when positioning the image?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That is what I thought I would have to end up doing but didn't want to have to mess around with every logo. Thanks for the input.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Can you put all the images into a single image? I'm sure there is a tool out there that can help you do that.

For instance, maybe you could put them all on a PowerPoint or Word page, line them up the way you want and then use SnagIt to grab them all and save them into a single image file.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
No, maybe if I removed that and just placed them via POSITION, it would eliminate the distortion. I'll try that.

Expert
posted Hide Post
That's what I would try. The only problem with this idea is that you'd like to place the image on the right side of the page, but the POSITION requires the left, top coordinates.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
By removing the dimension coordinates, the logo is blurry now. It looks clear and concise when not run in the report. Is there another format that WF supports other than .gif? I could try another format type.

Expert
posted Hide Post
It's pretty pathetic, but it's still only GIF for PDF:

quote:
The image must exist as a separate graphic image file in the following formats for use in a report:

For Bitmap files (.gif), GIF files (.GIF), JPEG files (.JPEG), JPG files (.JPG), Enhanced Metafiles (.EMF), and Windows Metafiles (.WMF).
For HTML reports, GIF (.GIF) or JPG (.JPG).
For PDF (or PS) reports, GIF (.GIF).

Francis