Focal Point
[SOLVED] Notepad ++ FOCUS language xml

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1597049586

March 24, 2017, 02:08 PM
Hank W.
[SOLVED] Notepad ++ FOCUS language xml
Hi,

The old user defined FOCUS.xml I have doesn't import into 5.8.7 Confused Looks like the lang.xml format has changed a bit... Anyone have one working with this version?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Cheers,
H.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Oracle 11g - DB2
RedHat
March 27, 2017, 11:20 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Hank

You better open a case for this one..

Regards

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
March 27, 2017, 12:34 PM
CoolGuy
My colleague just found this thread. May help.

Might Max and Tony A to the rescue!!

Used their link and tips from this thread in version 7.3.3 of NP++ and things are working just fine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
March 27, 2017, 05:36 PM
Crymsyn
I've been using a bit different version that have modified. (Then modified again when saw didn't have some of the keywords in the link CoolGuy included)

It does however have a bit difference in colors to have some things stand out a bit more. Operators like LE, GT, EQ, AND, OR, etc are a light orange.
Numbers are a deeper red

Also, since I usually start my labels with : it will change the color of anything starting with : or -: as well.

The last thing to note is you can collapse "TABLE FILE", "DEFINE FILE/FUNCTION", and "JOIN LEFT_OUTER/INNER"

The collapse ends by finding the next END in the file.
For JOINs it does require the LEFT_OUTER or INNER on the same line as JOIN because of issues with "JOIN CLEAR"

Can just click Language -> "Define your language..." and then click "Import..." after saving the text in the link below as an .xml file
https://pastebin.com/Aru1CAXW

WF: 8201, OS: Windows, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel
March 28, 2017, 12:50 PM
Michael L Meagher
Crymsyn,

Very nice. It works great.

Thanks

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 - Production
WebFOCUS 8.2.04 - Sand Box
Windows 2012 R2 Server
HTML, PDF, Excel
In FOCUS since 1980
March 29, 2017, 08:52 AM
Hank W.
Powers that be hath banned pastebin as a source of all evil... I guess I got to do it via phone and email, like we did it in 1986 typing code off the magazines and hoping there isn't a typo Razzer

(edit)
OK, now there is something funky stuff going on with my Notepad ++ version, and it doesn't like certain stuff, like importing, that much, but I figured out finally, where and which xml file to edit:

C:\Users\Hank\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\userDefineLang.xml

...and how the syntax works. It is way easier through the GUI (now where have I heard this before I wonder), pasting in the wordlists & so forth than trying to copy paste the xml.

Notepad++ does have a few limitations, for example comments

-* This is a valid comment
-*This is not... there isn't a wildcard available, and if you try get it in as a comment block or a delimited, the missing end delimiter kind of screws it up.

Thanks for the links for all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hank W.,

Cheers,
H.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Oracle 11g - DB2
RedHat