Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Absolutely and Totally Removing an MRE user

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Absolutely and Totally Removing an MRE user
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I posted an issue (https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3407003816) earlier but never got it resolved. I'm going to take this from a different angle:

Findings so far:
* I have deleted/added a specific user 6 times. Sometimes I have cloned an existing (known good) user sometimes I have built her brand new.
* I have assigned the user access to 3 specific groups which should give her access to about 6 domains. She only sees three.
* I have added her to the Windows Administrators group on the server (log off /on).
* I have verified her entry in user.htm. Manually deleted and added her.

Nothing works. I am feeling like there is some stub laying around in the system that is locking her access in. How can I absolutely positively remove her from all the nooks and crannies?

- ABT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ABT,

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I had this problem earlier this year and ended up opening a case with IBI...then had to upload all this stuff to them to fix....something had became corrupted.

But before you do that. you say you deleted from user.htm, did you also delete her userid.htm and user folder in basedir?

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prarie:
... you say you deleted from user.htm, did you also delete her userid.htm and user folder in basedir?

Did all that at some point in the process. Yesterday I copied all the xml files from a known good user to her worp folder. I was reminded of a corruption situation in the past with a fellow developer missing domains or contents in Dev Studio and this resolved his issue.

I hope I don't have to open a case. This is a production machine and another user who is not likely to give up her network credentials (nor would I want the responsibility of possessing them for this short time). I can't restart it on a whim, enable tracing, (i.e. throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks) etc. Moreover, I can't spend the 2 hours justifying that the problem exists and going through all the same stuff I've already done before I am taken seriously. I've worked tech support and know the routine, but it gets old. quick. </rant> There, that feels better. Smiler

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
From the sidelines -- it's absurd that IBI does not provide admin tools to validate the state of the user directory components. The "perpetual inventory" approach ("it was valid initially, and there's no way for the available admin actions to corrupt it") doesn't fly.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you open the case - upload a zipped basedir and the user.htm. Should not have to do traces, that would not help.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
have you done a direct read of the mre repository files themselves? do you use a focus repos or an oracle one? or what?
sometimes, when you create a domain, nuke it and then recreate it, you can't. b/c the same name is still listed in the mre reposistory files with an inactive status. so the record itself has to be nuked from the repository files before a new one can be created with the same exact name.
then sometimes with userids you have to 'restart the realm driver' and that fixes it all up.
but do a direct read of your mre repository files, before you bang your head against the wall.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by susannah:
have you done a direct read of the mre repository files themselves? do you use a focus repos or an oracle one? or what?[QUOTE]

Focus repositories. Everything is an HTM file.

[QUOTE]sometimes, when you create a domain, nuke it and then recreate it, you can't. b/c the same name is still listed in the mre reposistory files with an inactive status. so the record itself has to be nuked from the repository files before a new one can be created with the same exact name.
then sometimes with userids you have to 'restart the realm driver' and that fixes it all up.

Already done this. opened the basedir\user.htm file and removed her (several times along the way, actually). To be clear, I think you are using the domain example as a way to relate similar odd behavior in the toolset? I've deleted basedir\e45134\ and the user's entry from basedir\user.htm

quote:
... before you bang your head against the wall.

Too late! ;-)

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Expert
posted Hide Post
ah. the mre respository files aren't the user.htm or her basedir directory
they are focus (in your case) files; in the file called wf_mrusers.foc you'll find a field called ISACTIVE
FILENAME=MRE_WF_MRUSERS, SUFFIX=SQLORA , $
SEGMENT=MRE_WF_MRUSERS, SEGTYPE=S0, $
FIELDNAME=USERID, ALIAS=USERID, USAGE=A128, ACTUAL=A128, $
FIELDNAME=PASSWORD, ALIAS=PASSWORD, USAGE=A128, ACTUAL=A128,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=LOGINNAME, ALIAS=LOGINNAME, USAGE=A128, ACTUAL=A128, $
FIELDNAME=USERNAME, ALIAS=USERNAME, USAGE=A255, ACTUAL=A255,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=EMAIL, ALIAS=EMAIL, USAGE=A64, ACTUAL=A64,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=ROLEID, ALIAS=ROLEID, USAGE=A48, ACTUAL=A48, $
FIELDNAME=PROPERTIES, ALIAS=PROPERTIES, USAGE=A255, ACTUAL=A255,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=ISACTIVE, ALIAS=ISACTIVE, USAGE=A1, ACTUAL=A1, $

that's probably the culprit. anyway, you need to do a read against these files
wf_grpdomtb, wf_mrdomains, wf_mrgroups, wf_mrroles, wf_mrusers, wf_userdomadm, wf_usrgrptb

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by susannah:
ah. the mre respository files aren't the user.htm or her basedir directory
they are focus (in your case) files;
that's probably the culprit. anyway, you need to do a read against these files
wf_grpdomtb, wf_mrdomains, wf_mrgroups, wf_mrroles, wf_mrusers, wf_userdomadm, wf_usrgrptb

0 results in all tables. Do I not have what I thought?

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Master
posted Hide Post
Chalked it up to a WORP corruption. After I deleted the user via MRE User admin tool, I deleted their worp folder (\\server\c$\ibi\WebFOCUS76\worp\worp_users in my environment).

That seems to have done it.

Thanks Everyone!!!!

- ABT

WF Environment: