Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Closed] Report Caster - how to not Run Job Simultaneously?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Closed] Report Caster - how to not Run Job Simultaneously?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Good Afternoon,

I have a series of Report Caster jobs that are set up to create daily hold files, these jobs are coded so that they know we have processed our daily load and that the current hold file is 1 day or more older than the current date.
If both of the statements above are true, the hold files will run and the previous day’s hold file will get overwritten. If current date = the load date and the current date = the hold file date, the fexes are set to not to execute, this works fine.

What I am having trouble with is that I have report caster set to run every 5 minutes and due to the number of fexes creating hold files, my report caster job takes about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes to process, so what happens is that report caster is not smart enough to know there is already a report caster job running the fexes or that there is a report caster job in the queue to run the fexes, instead another RC job kicks off, thus I get several RC jobs processing my hold files simultaneously.

I don't want to set RC for a specific time each day because I want RC processing these files as soon as our daily load finishes, this is normally between 3:00am and 6:00am. So what I am trying to figure out is if there is a way to create a procedure to tell report caster if there is currently a job with the same name that has already launched but not finished to not launch another job until the current job has finished, regardless of the RC interval run time setting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

WebFOCUS 7.7 and WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
How about adding a Pre-processing Procedure to verify a database table date or some other indicator - then use the &&KILL_RPC Flag to stop processing?

Check the ReportCaster Development and Administration manual.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post