Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Defining or Pointing Database connections

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Defining or Pointing Database connections
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I use SQL Sever 2005 as my database. I need to change my db connection, right now my current reporting environment is pointing to UAT i need to change it to PRODCan any one help me out where and how is this configuration done?. And how the can be created and modified.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Unix & Windows
Excel,HTML,PDF,PPT,AHTML

Posts: 68 | Location: Hyderabad | Registered: March 18, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Use the webfocus server console page to configure your SQL 2005 connections.

When that is done, there are two ways (at least) to select which environment to query.
The first is to, at the point where you have to decide which environment to query, issue the command to select the connection:
ENGINE engine_name SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION connection_name
You would need master/access files in which no connection name is recorded to have this work correctly.

The second is to have a separate set of master/access files for each environment. You would then need to set the application path for the enviroment to use, so that it points to either the UAT set of master/acces files, or to the PROD set.

Hope this helps ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If it is not already done, you also need to add that neww connection using your Data Sources tool. That let's the WF client know that there is an additional source available that will use the SQL Server Client. If you simply replace the old connection with the new one (same name , dbname, tables, etc.) you should not need to make any changes in WF. If connection name, dbnames, table names, or column names/formats have changed, you will need to regenerate your master and access files as GamP describes.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys.. For the replies..
But still im nt able to create connections or metadata for my MRE what could be posb reason for this ???.I have been able to do that in the EDASERVE envinronment.Can u lemme knw abt the creation of metadata and connections in the MRE.
TIA

Unix & Windows
Excel,HTML,PDF,PPT,AHTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you have the connection made in your edaserve environment, then it is also avialable in mre. There's no seperate edasprof for mre, it all goes through the same file. So if you want to have the prod connection to be default, edit your edasprof file and place the prod connection string first in the list. That will make it the default connection.
Outside of MRE you can choose which connection to use, but from inside MRE the default will now be the prod connection.

GamP

in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
and where does this edasprof file reside??
on the webfocus reporting server or the local machine??.And how to edit this file if it resides on the WF server.Thats what i have not been able to do.Can you help me on this.

Unix & Windows
Excel,HTML,PDF,PPT,AHTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
Your edasprof.prf would reside in this directory: /WebFOCUS/ibi/srv71/wfs/etc, or something close to that.

You can set up your data base connections using the Data Adapters menu of the reporting server console whose URL should be something like this: http://your_web_server:8121. If you are not using the standard port number, you can look in the odin.cfg file which is in the same directory as the edasprof.prf file.

You can create and test the connection right from that screen before you try running any focexecs.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can even edit your edasprof file from within the server console pages.
It is under 'Workspace', 'Configuration', then click open 'Configuration Files', 'Server Profiles'. And there it is, your Server Profile. Just click on it and can edit it.

Hope this helps...

GamP

in Focus since 1988