Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Dashboard Launch Page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Dashboard Launch Page
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello,

So I"m creating a new Dashboard and have moved over the information from our previous version 7705 to 8005.
We have decided to just have a "public" dashboard where our employees do not have to log in.

I just need to find an address inorder to create a link on our intranet that the employees just need to click on and load the dashboard.

In the older version I could create a "Launch Page" but not sure where to go in 8005 to do create that or even if that will work.

I've typed in the address the same as the old Dashaboardbut with the new server name and pointing towards the Public Worp but it gave me a 401-Unauthorized error.

Here is the address that I tried: http://servername.companyname....VIEW&WORP_MPV=public

Thanks ahead of time for your help,
Kelly

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KellyT,

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.2.0.4
Outputs: HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 2005

Posts: 121 | Registered: November 17, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Have you tried creating a new portal?

Once you have it created, then you can assign the Anonymous group to the security rules.

Here would be he rest of the URL.
/ibi_apps/bip/portal/Open_Portal

Open_Portal represents that name of the portal that you created.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Ok I created a portal and i used that address that you said. I end up just getting a login page. I don't want the uses to have to log into the page.

The first way I had tried was creating a "dashboard" . Webfocus BI Portal - Tools - View Builder.

I'm able to find an address from either one of those options that allow a user to just open without having to log in. In the Dashboard I created it as a public dashboard.

Thanks for your help,
Kelly

In Focus since 2005

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks MattC.

I found the address and have it opening but it is prompting for a username and password. How do I go about setting that up so it has the Anonymous Group security?

Thanks,
Kelly

In Focus since 2005

Guru
posted Hide Post
Are you using the new portal or a legacy dashboard in Webfocus 8?

I converted all of our dashboards into portals since I never migrated the dashboards.

If created a new portal, you should be able to right click > Security and asign the Anonymous group to it and select the Rule of Run as Permitted or over Permitted.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi MattC,

I tried giving Anonymous the Run Over Permitted access and the Portal will open but it then shows:

"Valid credentials are required for reporting server EDA Serve. User ID, Password"

We did not migrate our old Dashboard over. I did take the reports that were sitting in our Edaserve/applications folder and move them to the Content/public folder and the I published them.

Do I need to give each report for the Run Over Permitted Access for the Anonymous user?

Thanks so much for all your help,
Kelly

In Focus since 2005

Guru
posted Hide Post
That sounds like you need to modify your security configurations for you client and reporting server to be trusted.

You may want to talk to your admin, if your not the admin and look how your environment is setup. I have all my authentication coming in from my Report Server and have my client pointing to that, so anything run on the client against the reporting server is already authenticated.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05