Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Portal Banner Scroll

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Portal Banner Scroll
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I have a left banner in my portal. I built out a response portal in 8.1.05. I put my HTML in the left banner that has my controls.

Depending on the size of the browser screen one of my controls gets cut off. There is no scroll bar in the banner.

Is that by design?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MattC,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Matt,

We have had a filtering HTML form placed within a left banner within one of our portals for some time. We never have had the issue you are describing. All we have are 7 drop downs placed vertically one after the other and a run button. For the left banner properties we have the width set to 165px and Lock Banner and Collapsible checked.

Form properties of note:

Autosize options: Accept any changes

Autosize Children: No

Position: Absolute

Left: 0px
Top: 0px
Width: 98.19%
Height: 97.79%

We're on 8.1.05 as well.

Hope the above helps. Good luck!

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response. I have my banner set with those properties as well. I am not using a form in my html, should I be using a form? I just have events that trigger portal refresh based on controls.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I would try placing your controls within a form despite your Js events for each control. That way you can apply the above form properties that will affect all its children controls. The biggest properties to set being the width and height as a percentage of container.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks CoolGuy, that seemed to do the trick. Quite interesting.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05