Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] column headings

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] column headings
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
TABLE FILE TFSP5014
PRINT
'TFSP5014.ANSWER.4' AS 'Last Date,'
'TFSP5014.ANSWER.5' AS 'Comments,'
'TFSP5014.ANSWER.6' AS 'Ticket,' OVER
'TFSP5014.ANSWER.7' AS 'Issued Date,'
'TFSP5014.ANSWER.8' AS 'License Plate,'
'TFSP5014.ANSWER.9' AS 'State,'

The output of this query diplaying only data values, not the column headings. How can i get column headings also for each of the field.This is a Developer studio-Report Painter(HTML format)
thanks for the help,
ram

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 762
Windows
To be decided(All formats)

Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this is your problem but a fieldname should begin with a letter not a number.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
The focus query:
TABLE FILE TFSP
PRINT
'TFSP.ANSWER.4' AS 'Last Date,'
'TFSP.ANSWER.5' AS 'Comments,'
'TFSP.ANSWER.6' AS 'Ticket,' OVER
'TFSP.ANSWER.7' AS 'Name,'
'TFSP.ANSWER.8' AS 'License Plate,'
The output of this query is:
2006-7-10 Notinuse
123 John AIX45

The result of the output should be with column heading:
Lastdate Comments
2006-7-10 Notinuse

Ticket Name LicensePlate
123 John AIX45

thanks for the help,
ram

WebFOCUS 762
Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Please post your master file description.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Have you tried removing the comma in the column heading name (ie. 'Last Date,')?

It might be causing a problem with multiple lines with a OVER command.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Pang

DEV: WF 7.6.10
TEST: WF 7.6.10
PROD: WF 7.6.10
MRE: WF 7.6.4
OS/Platform: Windows
Dev Studio: WF 7.7
Output: HTML, EXCEL, PDF, GRAPH, LOTUS, CSV

Posts: 117 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: February 29, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Here is one possibility using the CAR file as an example. This is not very elegant but it may give you output similar to what you want.

DEFINE FILE CAR
 COLTITLE1/A10 = 'Country';
 COLTITLE2/A10 = 'Car';
 COLTITLE3/A10 = 'Model';
 COLTITLE4/A10 = 'Body Type';
 COLBLANK/A10  = ' ';
END
TABLE FILE CAR
 PRINT
  COLTITLE1 AS ''
  COLTITLE2 AS '' OVER
  COUNTRY AS ''
  CAR AS '' OVER
  COLTITLE3 AS '' COLTITLE4 AS '' OVER
  MODEL AS ''
  BODYTYPE AS '' OVER
  COLBLANK AS ''
  COLBLANK AS ''
END

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
HI JIMMY,
I removed commas, it is working fine.But the new issue is, data values are displaying side of the Column title. I really needs data values below the Titles.The reason why i put commas.How can i display data values below column titles?.I need this help.
i.e
col1 col2 col3
45 123 45

col4 col5 col6
675 34 2356

thanks for the help,
rama

WebFOCUS 762
Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Then you can't use OVER. You haven't provided sufficient detail regarding sort fields and number of rows per sort field. So here are a couple of ideas. You could put the information in a subheading. That way you control the formatting. If there are more than one entry per sort field, you could make up a phony one, i.e. a counter, and break on that.

Another way is to use MacGuyver or an alternate master and force the sets of columns into two separate records per sort field and have rows for the column headings as well. This is a sophisticated technique, though.

Let us know if any of these ideas helps you.

Ginny

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the same question posted a fourth time!!

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post