Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Passing an array from a HTML form to a FEX

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Passing an array from a HTML form to a FEX
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello everybody, it's been a long time since I posted/read this forum. But here we are again.

First off, we're still working with version 5.2.4 of WebFocus. (I know :s)

It's about the following.
I have a <select name="CUR"><option value="USD">...</select> element in my webpage. This has been placed in a form-element with the action attribute set to the cgi-thingie.
Because of it being a published report, inside the form element, there also is a hidden input field called IBIMR_fex, which points to the fex I'm executing on submitting the form.
So when I select multiple options, I should be able to access this array of values by having the following code in my fex:
-IF &CUR0.EXISTS THEN GOTO CAY ELSE GOTO CAN;
-CAY;
-SET &CurArray = '''';
-REPEAT CurLewp FOR &I FROM 1 TO &CUR0;
-SET &CurArray = IF &I EQ 1 THEN &CurArray || &CUR.&I
-ELSE &CurArray || ''',''' || &CUR.&I;
-CurLewp
-SET &CurArray = &CurArray || '''';
WHERE V_PRICE_REBATE.PRICECUR IN (&CurArray);
-CAN;

This would eventually produce a statement like this:
WHERE ... IN ('USD','EUR','GBP');
(where the currencies were the selected ones in the html form).
Instead, on submitting the form, I'm getting a prompt for CUR0.

I have tried using the WFServlet instead of cgi, but then webfocus also prompts me for I Smiler

The strangest part is we already have a likewise report (also taking multiple selected values and doing stuff with them in the fex) running on the same webserver with the same version. This _is_ using the WFServlet however. But the code is the same.

Any ideas are welcome.

Edit: typo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim Schraepen,

WebFocus 5.2.4
iWay ETL Manager 5.2.4
Windows 2000

Posts: 44 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 10, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Update:
I think this issue has something to do with the fex that I'm trying to execute being an MRE report.
The other report that _is_ working is not an MRE fex and is placed in our wfs/apps directory.

Update:
I can confirm the behaviour I mentioned above.
Is this working as intended or is there perhaps some sort of workaround so it also works with MRE (published) reports?

Edit: sorry for the new post instead of an edit of my previous post.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim Schraepen,

WebFocus 5.2.4
iWay ETL Manager 5.2.4
Windows 2000

Posts: 44 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 10, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Turning off the "Prompt for parameters" option for the MRE report may resolve the issue.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post