Focal Point
Passing an array from a HTML form to a FEX

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1851055861

May 19, 2006, 02:02 AM
Tim Schraepen
Passing an array from a HTML form to a FEX
Hello everybody, it's been a long time since I posted/read this forum. But here we are again.

First off, we're still working with version 5.2.4 of WebFocus. (I know :s)

It's about the following.
I have a <select name="CUR"><option value="USD">...</select> element in my webpage. This has been placed in a form-element with the action attribute set to the cgi-thingie.
Because of it being a published report, inside the form element, there also is a hidden input field called IBIMR_fex, which points to the fex I'm executing on submitting the form.
So when I select multiple options, I should be able to access this array of values by having the following code in my fex:
-IF &CUR0.EXISTS THEN GOTO CAY ELSE GOTO CAN;
-CAY;
-SET &CurArray = '''';
-REPEAT CurLewp FOR &I FROM 1 TO &CUR0;
-SET &CurArray = IF &I EQ 1 THEN &CurArray || &CUR.&I
-ELSE &CurArray || ''',''' || &CUR.&I;
-CurLewp
-SET &CurArray = &CurArray || '''';
WHERE V_PRICE_REBATE.PRICECUR IN (&CurArray);
-CAN;

This would eventually produce a statement like this:
WHERE ... IN ('USD','EUR','GBP');
(where the currencies were the selected ones in the html form).
Instead, on submitting the form, I'm getting a prompt for CUR0.

I have tried using the WFServlet instead of cgi, but then webfocus also prompts me for I Smiler

The strangest part is we already have a likewise report (also taking multiple selected values and doing stuff with them in the fex) running on the same webserver with the same version. This _is_ using the WFServlet however. But the code is the same.

Any ideas are welcome.

Edit: typo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim Schraepen,

WebFocus 5.2.4
iWay ETL Manager 5.2.4
Windows 2000
May 19, 2006, 03:49 AM
Tim Schraepen
Update:
I think this issue has something to do with the fex that I'm trying to execute being an MRE report.
The other report that _is_ working is not an MRE fex and is placed in our wfs/apps directory.

Update:
I can confirm the behaviour I mentioned above.
Is this working as intended or is there perhaps some sort of workaround so it also works with MRE (published) reports?

Edit: sorry for the new post instead of an edit of my previous post.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim Schraepen,

WebFocus 5.2.4
iWay ETL Manager 5.2.4
Windows 2000
May 19, 2006, 12:36 PM
Francis Mariani
Turning off the "Prompt for parameters" option for the MRE report may resolve the issue.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server