Focal Point
Configure MRE

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1851083851

March 10, 2006, 02:07 PM
Kamesh
Configure MRE
Installed MRE and ReportCaster in our server. Try to configure MRE and ReportCaster as similar to other server. Both are same version(5.3.3).

And also when I try change my password, it is not changing. Using default userid (admin) with no password to enter in to MRE.

Any help on this issue will be appreciated,

Thanks

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat
March 13, 2006, 10:54 AM
dhagen
Kamesh,

Are you using a Realm driver for authentication?
If not, there is a process that will syncronize userid's between MRE and RC. If you added any id's while RC is not running, then they can get out of sync. Goto RC Program group, and run "Syncronize Managed Reporting Users" under "Database Migration and Utilities". Sync you userid's, then retry the change password option.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
March 13, 2006, 12:31 PM
Kamesh
"Are you using a Realm driver for authentication?" - NO

where can I find RC Program group?

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat
March 13, 2006, 03:54 PM
dhagen
On the server where WF/RC has been installed:
"Start/All Programs/Information Builders/ReportCaster 53/Database Migration and Utilities/Syncronize Managed Reporting Users"

Or you can just run the .bat file:
C:\ibi\ReportCaster71\bin\rcusersync.bat"

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
March 15, 2006, 09:06 AM
Kamesh
It worked by copying the whole basedir from the existing server to the new server and change the security for administrator, system and internet guest account.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat