Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Maintain : Row Clicked in HTML-Table

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Maintain : Row Clicked in HTML-Table
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi ,

Is there a way in maintain to get the number of the row that has been clicked in an HTML - table

there are no links is my table.

Any ideas?

Peter

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If not does anyone know a good reference for building maintain apps.
Cause i'm new at building maintain apps

<DocServices>
posted
Hi Pete,

Try the Developing WebFOCUS Maintain Applications manual. This manual is available for the following releases:

Version 7.1 (DN4500692.0505)
Version 5.3 (DN4500595.0904)
Version 5.2.3 (DN1800113.0903)

You can view and/or download the Developing WebFOCUS Maintain Applications manual from the Technical Documentation Library.

If you have an InfoResponse ID, login on the Tech Support web site and then access the Library. By logging in first, you can download the PDF file and/or view the HTMLHelp version.

You can access the Technical Documentation Library via the following Web sites:

• www.iwaysoftware.com
    (From the top navigation bar, click Services & Support. Then, select Bookstore.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jennifer

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Pete
The best thing to do with an HTMLTable is to set a link to the body of one of the columns. Then, when a user clicks on that row you can get the row number using:

Compute Row1/i3 = Form.HTMLTable.ClickRow;

Where Form is the name of the form and HTMLTable is the name of the HTMLTable. You can also use:

Compute Col1/i3 = Form.HTMLTable.ClickColumn;
for the Column Number and:

Compute Val1/a20 = Form.HTMLTable.Value;
to get the value of the cell.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark

First of all, thanks for your input , and yes i have tried it and it works , but can i do away with the link in anyway cause its visible and users are likely to click on it , while it does nothing

is there any workaround???

Peter

Master
posted Hide Post
Pete
An HTMLTable is pretty much a single object. When you click on it, without first setting a link, you are clicking on the entire object, not a specific row.

If you do set a link, you COULD get tricky and change the background color of the HTMLTable to the color of the link so it blends. Also, you could have a JavaScript trigger so the screen wouldn't flash if the user clicks on it.

While it brings in more overhead, you COULD use a Grid object instead of an HTMLTable and just make the columns read only. When you click a row on a grid, the stk.focindex gets set.

Mark

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Cool , mark !

i think i can work with that

can i exactly change the color of the link?

what do i put in that java scrip so that it doesnt flash?

It would really help me alot,

thanks

Peter

Master
posted Hide Post
First create a field and place it on the form. You can make this field VISIBLE NO when everything is working. I named mine currow. Make sure when you place it on the form, the field is named currow. Not Currow or Currow_Edit. It is easier if it is one word and all lower case.

Create a CLICKLINK trigger on the HTMLTable and click the J at the top to tell Maintain this is a JavaScript trigger. Use this code:

var row1 = document.Form1.HTMLTable1_ClickRow.value;
document.Form1.currow.value = row1;

Form1 is the name of my form and HTMLTable1 is the name of my table. Make sure yours are exact. Case matters. Now, when the user selects a row, currow gets populated with no screen flash. You can then use currow in your calculations.

I hope this helps.

Mark

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark !

Can i change the link-color? i guessing not but ....i'm hoping