Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Closed] Installed the webfocus client. Now what?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Closed] Installed the webfocus client. Now what?
 Login/Join

posted
Update:

I was able to get everything installed. It would be helpful if the instructions were consolidated into a single complete installation/configuration guide.

---
I installed the webfocus client. This generate several .war files. I'm not sure which of these need to be installed into the app server and what context root to use.

Experimentation leads me to believe that:

webfocus76.war should be mapped to /ibi_apps
ibi_html76.war should be mapped to /ibi_html

what is mbase.war?
what is approot76.war?

It would be nice if the installation instructions gave some direction.

Thanks,
Dave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dave02,

WebFocus 7.6.11 on Linux for X64 (Intel, AMD) 64 bit - Licensed Cores: 4
HTML, PDF, CSV

Expert
posted Hide Post
There is a search option at the top of the screen called "Tech Doc Search", perhaps this may be of use ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Did you choose not to use Tomcat as your app server? That would happen automatically if you decided so.

Otherwise, the WebFOCUS Install guide will have a section explaining how to deploy the application context to your particular app server.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

posted Hide Post
Waz:

I tried to search, but it was difficult to come up with keywords that would return something pertinent.

njsden:

The PDF I was reading, "WebFocus Client Connector Installation and Configuration" does not mention WebSphere at all. It talks about client platforms: Windows, Unix/Linux, OS/400, and OpenVMS, but it only goes through the steps to run the installer program itself. It doesn't have any documentation on further steps after the installation program has completed.

Thanks,
Dave

WebFocus 7.6.11 on Linux for X64 (Intel, AMD) 64 bit - Licensed Cores: 4
HTML, PDF, CSV

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You may want to read the Developer Studio Installation and Configuration. I recall seeing some section applicable to deploying the .war files to an application server and I think WebSphere was there.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I found some information that may help you:

For your version of the product (7.6.11), check:

DN# 4500817.1209
Guide: WebFOCUS Developer Studio Installation and Configuration 7.6.11
Chapter 3: Configuring the Web Server and/or Application Server
Section: Configuring Additional Web and/or Application Servers
Topic: Configuring the Application Server (Page 70 in PDF document)

Hope that helps.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Dave02, as you apparently managed to finally install the WF Client, would you mind editing your previous post and prefixing its title to [CLOSED]?

Thanks.