Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     ***CLOSED Fex with NE selection...HTML Page
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
***CLOSED Fex with NE selection...HTML Page
 Login/Join

Master
posted Hide Post
I was on line so I tried a few things.
I change my multiselect to: NE with OR. I commented out the Default statement in my fex. I ran my HTML page.

I picked two batches to exclude...it appeared to work! Next I tried the:ALL option thinking it would exclude all batches...it returned all of them. Next I tried the No Selection option thinking it would return ALL batches...it caused another BATCH dropdown to appear in the report box.

Next I tried adding: -DEFAULT &WORKQUEUE_NAME = _FOC_NULL. Choosing two batches to exclude again worked. The No Selection popped open another BATCH dropdown in the report box. The All selection resulted in all batches appearing each time.

Next I tried the: -DEFAULTH &WORKQUEUE_NAME = _FOC_NULL. Choosing two batches to exclude again worked. The No Selection returned all batches as did the ALL selection.

Next I tried the: -DEFAULT &WORKQUEUE_NAME = FOC_NONE;. Choosing two batches to exclude again worked. The No Selection popped open another BATCH dropdown in the report box. The All selection resulted in all batches appearing each time.

Finally, I tried: -DEFAULTH &WORKQUEUE_NAME = FOC_NONE; Choosing two batches to exclude again worked. The No Selection returned all batches as did the ALl selection.

No more time to play tonight. I guess eliminating the ALL option will resolve my issue but i like to better understand what each DEFAULT is doing.

Again thanks all.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
...and finally...gotta love this product...I changed my control to a check box list...it blew up when I clicked run..I went back in...my control change was not saved but now my exclusion no longer works...though it still works when I run the fex stand alone...I am taking a WF vacation for a couple of days!

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Robert,

Have you think to use Double List Box instead ?

That way your user will have to choose from the left side and place on the right side the BATCHs that they want to exclude, if they want to exclude all, they select all and if no exclusion, so selection has to be made.

I think it will be the best thing for you but it will not be available from auto-prompt. You will need to add the control in the HTML page.

And furthermore, you can also add a radio button to let the user choose if he/she wans to include or exclude selection and then in your fex you assign the condition to either EQ or NE according to the selection. Having this gives much more flexibility to your user.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I'll have to play with it later...I have training now. I did delete the control and re-add it ... again...at least I am now back where I started with the exclusion working. Its now a matter of getting the no selection to work without popping up that second BATCH prompt in the report box on the html page on execution.

I'll have to again look to see what its trying to be pass I guess.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
A quick look seems to indicate _FOC_NULL is passed for teh ALL option. However when no slection is selected...apprently it invokes a prompt in the fex...no sure why....in other words it does no show anything being passed I guess....it almost seems like my ALL function slects everything instead of nothing. I can remove this since they would never exclude everything. The trick is getting the NO SELECTION to work.

FYI...the check box now works...go figure...gotta run...

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
I had a brainstorm.

1) Remove the No Selection option alltogether - though I'd really like to know what I need to do to get it to work.

2) Since the ALL option does not exclude ALL (even though I have the NE in the multiselect) but rather returns ALL....change the text displayed from: 'ALL' to 'No Exclusion'!!!!

hey...it works!

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I do really think that to manage the "exclude all" option it's to make the user select all value then use NE and the only way I think, will be the Double List box.

The "No Selection" and "All" option will send a _FOC_NULL (or FOC_NONE) which will "delete" (not consider) your WHERE clause. So the result will be to INCLUDE everything and not EXCLUDE.

Unfortunately to EXCLUDE something you first need t select what you want to exclude and as far as I know, there is not such easy way to process an "exclude all" in Focus pre-defined options except the way I mentioned.

GL.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do really think that to manage the "exclude all" option it's to make the user select all value then use NE and the only way I think, will be the Double List box.

First, thanks. Second I really do not ever want them, even accidently, to exclude all since it would yeild empty reports and graphs. Second we sort of made a decision that messing with the HTML was somethining we would abstain from...for better or worse... so based on your prior post I think that puts the nail in the coffin on this one.

The "No Selection" and "All" option will send a _FOC_NULL (or FOC_NONE) which will "delete" (not consider) your WHERE clause. So the result will be to INCLUDE everything and not EXCLUDE.

Well... that is whats happening for the ALL...like I said teh No Selection apprently is not sending anything.

Unfortunately to EXCLUDE something you first need t select what you want to exclude and as far as I know, there is not such easy way to process an "exclude all" in Focus pre-defined options except the way I mentioned.

I think my (humerous) solution above actually is working...uncheck the No Selection, check the ALL selection, change the verbiage for the ALL sellection to read: No Selection.

Probably should close this ticket. Thanks again.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs