Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HOLD FILE DOUBT??
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
hi friends,

In our project , all the reports have underlying SQLs which fetch data. The views for each report are deployed in the metadata as a separate data source. For 11 reports , we have 11 Data sources correspondingly in metadata.

We have to include the ETL Data load time in all the reports. This time stamp is coming from a different data source ETL_RUN_STST.

So i used the concept of MATCH to merge two discrete Data sources. ( One data source being the view and the other being ETL_RUN_STST) and form a hold file.

In the master file of the view, we give customised titles to all the report columns.
But when i run the hold file , customised titles are not getting displayed , instead the default titles are displayed for the report columns.

Please advice.

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP
Output: HTML,PDF,Excel

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
AArvind,

Try SET HOLDATTR=ON
It will propagate the master file title to the hold file.
The default is SET HOLDATTR=FOCUS, which will propagate only for focus files.

Hope this helps ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
thank you very much mickey ,

One more doubt , in the data source ETL_RUN_STST the job id '9999' corresponds to reporting. So i used a simple where statement to pick the time stamp related to reporting in the match file.

After the Where statement the ETL_RUN_STST table has one row data corresponding to reporting.
Below is the code

MATCH FILE RIPTEST/T_ORA_SRVC_INV_V
PRINT SERVICE_ID SERVICE_NAME SERVICE_TYPE SOLUTION_NAME NEXT_STEPS_INSTRUCTIONS NEXT_STEPS_QUESTIONS_ANSWERS NEXT_STEPS_LINK NEXT_STEPS_IWR NOTIFICATION
BY SERVICE_OWNER
RUN
FILE RIPTEST/T_ORA_ETL_RUN_STST
PRINT ETL_STG_I ETL_LNK_I ETL_LNK_TYPE_C JOB_RUN_STRT_TS JOB_RUN_END_TS JOB_STAT_C STG_RUN_STRT_TS STG_RUN_END_TS
BY JOB_I
WHERE JOB_I EQ '9999'
AFTER MATCH HOLD OLD-OR-NEW
END

When i add the timestamp column in the print statement of the hold file.The timestamp appears only in the second row of the output.Rest of the rows are blank for that column.Is there any way where i can display 0 for the rest of the rows for that column??

I tried using Define , it s not working.
Please advice.

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
hi ,
I am still not able to display misssing values in a hold file. I want to display 0 for missing values

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP