Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     SQL stress testing tool

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SQL stress testing tool
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Please advise if any of you know about a tool that comes with the WF product and matches the following description .....

"You key-in SQL in its editor and set it up to execute the query mutiple-times in succession, to do Stress/Load testing against the Database".

My manager vaguely remembers seeing such a write-up in one of our WF-Contract documents from IBI a few weeks back. But cannot find it again now. I scanned these Forums and IBI documentation with no avail.

Please chime in if you are aware of such an animal.

TIA,
Sandeep Mamidenna.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music

Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't know of a particular tool, but you can use WebFOCUS code to do this. Simply use Dialogue Manager looping code (-REPEAT) to execute SQL pass-through a certain number of times.

Here's an example:

SET SQLENGINE=SQLORA
SQL SET SERVER sris_prd.world
-RUN

-REPEAT ENDLOOP1 5000 TIMES

SQL 
SELECT 
TABLE ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD01 FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN

-ENDLOOP1

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You can run stress tests from the WebFOCUS Web Console (The URL usually is http://server-name:8121/cgiatt.exe)

See this documentation (you will need to log in to IBI Tech Support): http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...adm76/07editing5.htm

Help is also available from the Web Console.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for your prompt input Francis. I did manage to get to the web console using a different port. Then, the first instruction in your referenced document said -
>> "Select Procedures from the Web Console menu bar."

However, I did not see any such option in our web console. The only ones I had were - (Workspace , Listeners, Diagnostics & Version).
Am I missing something else here?

Sandeep Mamidenna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I may add that I also got to the console directly via...
WF-server>Programs> WF 52 Client> Console
and it made no difference.

And I do have Admin rights with the user-id that I am logged in with, in case that makes any difference.

Sandeep Mamidenna

Master
posted Hide Post
your signature shows that you are running in a DB2 environment, I would suggest using the SQL Performance monitor functionality of your DB2 client software.

By default, the user is IBI, just set up your monitor for only user of IBI and you'll see all SQL run against your DB2 database whiel the monitor is running, you can then use the visual explain tool.

This is a valid solution if you are trying to find the chokepoint in the database, if you have something wrong in your connectivity to the database, it will not help you.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
If your stress-test has nothing to do with WebFOCUS, then i would follow Jason K.'s advice, though I'm not sure about the default User ID being IBI.

This is the WebFOCUS 5.3.4 web console:

You're on 5.2.6. I haven't worked with that in a while, so I'm not sure which options are available.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Our current 5.2x console is very different from your pic Francis. Maybe those options are for 5.3x. Thanks anyway for all your time and input on this Francis.

And to you too Jason K. We already have processes in place using various DB2 utilities. But just wanted to delve into this WF-tool too, if one such thing existed with our current WF version.

Sandeep Mamidenna.