Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] A few questions about SYSCOLUM

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] A few questions about SYSCOLUM
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
We're working on a report that compares a list of database tables and columns to what our master files contain, so that it gets a little easier for us to notice that the database design changed. For that reason I'm currently playing around with SYSFILES and SYSCOLUM.

The first thing I noticed, it would appear that the SYSCOLUM table is not listed in SYSCOLUM? Both files are listed in SYSFILES, though.
SQL FMI SET SYSFILES MASTER
SQL FMI SET FILECASE UPPER

TABLE FILE SYSFILES
BY FILENAME
WHERE UPCASE(64, FILENAME, 'A64') EQ 'SYSFILES' OR 'SYSCOLUM';
END

FILENAME 
----------
 SYSCOLUM 
 SYSFILES 

TABLE FILE SYSCOLUM
BY TBNAME
WHERE UPCASE(64, TBNAME, 'A64') EQ 'SYSFILES' OR 'SYSCOLUM';
END

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE=        0  LINES=      0

The odd thing is that CHECK FILE lists SYSCOLUM's contents just fine (although with less detail). Is this deliberate?

The other thing bothering me is that we have quite a number of master files that reference a specific variation of a table in a (specific) library - "library" is DB2-speak for SCHEMA, I think.

For example, we have a master named "nltable1" that references a table "yadayada_nl/table1". How do I get to that reference?
I will need the actual library and table names for my report.

To complicate matters, the master/access file on the WebFOCUS client just references "EDASERVE/nltable1", while on the server the access-file references "DB2/yadayada_nl/table1". We'll probably need a server-side fex to obtain this information, that's not a problem.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wep5622,

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at SYSTABLE ?

Also look in the srv##/home/catalog directory for other sys masters, for other sources of info.

SYSFILES is separate to datasources as it looks at actual files.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That is indeed the information I was looking for! Thanks.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Glad I could help.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post