Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]RC- Bursting and email in WF report output format EXL2K

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]RC- Bursting and email in WF report output format EXL2K
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi folks,

I have a scheduled report sent by email through a public distribution list. Now I need to burst the report to send to different users. After running the schedule I am receiving 2 messages from 2 emails without report attachment. Why? and why the PCSEND command does not appear in the log?

Please see part of the code:

COMPUTE L2YCUMBGTS/D14C = IF SELLINGBR EQ LAST SELLINGBR THEN L2YCUMBGTS + L2YCUMSLSB ELSE L2YCUMSLSB; NOPRINT
     COMPUTE L2YCUMROB/D5.1S =  IF MIN.PERIODWK EQ MAX.MAXWEEK THEN ( ( LYCUMSLC / L2YCUMSLC ) * 100 ) - 100 ELSE 0; AS '&TLSTYR/,&TLST2YR'
BY BYSEQ NOPRINT
BY APCDESC AS 'Centre,profit' PAGE-BREAK
BY SELLINGBR AS 'Succ.' SKIP-LINE
BY NBRWDYMT AS 'J/M'
BY PERIODWK AS 'Sem.'
BY NBRWDYWK AS 'J/S'
WHERE APCDESC NE 'GRP'
HEADING
"&CONFIDENT<+0>En date du &FFDATEDMYY"
"&RPT_TITLE1"
"&RPT_TITLE2 &FFMTHEND</1"
"<+0>&BLANK<+0>&FFDATEMYY<+0>&FFDATEMLY<+0>Années cumulées fin &FFDATEMBY"
FOOTING
-*"</1 <NOTE_1</1"
"<NOTE_1</1"
"&EOR"
ON TABLE SET SHOWBLANKS ON
ON TABLE SET NODATA ''
ON TABLE SET EMPTYCELLS OFF
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
ON BYSEQ PCSEND LOCATION \\wfc-gdi-dev\ibi\WebFOCUS76\temp\Bursting AS TEST FORMAT EXL2K
ON TABLE SET STYLE *

Please see part of the log:

BTP1020         TYPE=DATA,
    BTP1020         COLUMN=L2YCUMROB,
    BTP1020         BACKCOLOR=SILVER,
    BTP1020         TYPE=FOOTING,
    BTP1020         STYLE=BOLD,
    BTP1020         ENDSTYLE
    BTP1020         END
    BTP1020         SET DISTRIBUTE=OFF
    BTP1020         Task finished.
    BTP1010         Retrieving distribution list from repository
    BTP1010         No report for director@abc.com with a burst value of 01.
    BTP1010         No report for marikaki@abc.com with a burst value of 02.
    BTP1010         No report to distribute.

Your help is always appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marikaki,

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm not quite sure what it is you are trying accomplish with the PCSEND option. You may be confusing the bursting that PCSEND accomplishes (distribution of multiple HTML files to a web server) with the bursting that RC performs. EXL2K is not an output option for PCSEND.

If I understand correctly, you just want multiple sections of an Excel report emailed to several users based on a distribution list, burst by the BYSEQ value. Leave out the PCSEND statement - it's irrelevant to what you are trying to do. In RC, specify the output type (EXL2K), distribution to an email distribution list. Make sure that the values in the BYSEQ field are matching the values specified in the distribution list. That should be everything you need.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Darin,

I deleted the line of the pcsend which is not relevant.

In RC, output is EXL2K and the distribution list is already set.

I checked the value of the BYSEQ and the burst value I had input in the distribution list. That's ok.

Now, the 1st BY is a NOPRINT column. Is there a problem? If it is the case, I tried with the 2nd BY (APCDESC) and it is not working also.

What additional checks can I do?

Any idea?

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Check the Report Caster documentation.

quote:
WF Server Procedures, Standard Reports, and My Reports support bursting. If you are distributing a burst tabular report, the burst value is determined by the first BY field. If you are distributing a burst graph report, the burst value is determined by the second BY field. The burst value is automatically determined by the internal matrix, which is a memory area
that stores each database field value and calculates values referenced by the TABLE or GRAPH request.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It should still use the first BY field as Francis' quote from the docs states. Remove the NOPRINT and run the report outside of RC. This will show you what values it is using for bursting. Those must match EXACTLY to the values you have in the distribution list (including format (alpha vs. numeric), case and leading/trailing spaces and/or zeroes.)

The error that you're receiving (if it's still the same as in your original post) indicates that the values that you have in your distribution list are NOT contained in the output of the report. Also why does the log file show "SET DISTRIBUTE=OFF"? Is this coming from something you have set up in the job?

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Darin,

I removed the NOPRINT to see the value. It is the same as in the burst value (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9). It's still the same result as in my original post.

It is also the 1st BY as per Francis said because It is a Standard Report.

The 1st BY defintion:

BYSEQ/D2.0=DECODE PROFITCENT (401   1  001  2   150  3   200  4   300  5   500  6   100  7   600  8   999  9); 

"SET DISTRIBUTE=OFF" is a free line from the log. I haven't any "SET" or "DISTRIBUTE" keywords in my fex. But it could be an indication around the problem.

I will open a case to get it fixed.

Thank you for your help. It secured me.

Marikaki

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Numeric values of 1 and 01 should be the same, but I wouldn't count on RC knowing that. When I said they should be EXACTLY the same, I would stay with the "EXACTLY" part. If the burst value is 1, make it 1 in the distribution file, not 01 or 1.00. Whatever is being displayed without the NOPRINT, make it match in the distribution file.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Exactly Darin! Smiler

When you typed 1.00 let me think to BYSEQ length which was D2.0. I changed it to I1 and it is working now. Thanks for your precision

Thank you very, very much.

Marikaki

Expert
posted Hide Post
Bonnes nouvelles!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post