Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     ReportCaster for EXL2K template file?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
ReportCaster for EXL2K template file?
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I'm new to ReportCaster. I have a report that generates a EXL2K template file and saves it to another server location. I also want to have this report scheduled and the output sent via E-mail. When I try to use ReportCaster the job completes (the file is saved to the other server location) but then the ReportCaster log says in its last two lines:
    BTP1020         SET DISTRIBUTE=OFF
    BTP1010         No report to distribute.

What an I doing wrong?

FILEDEF OQUNITS DISK "&FULLPATH|\&FNAME"
TABLE FILE AKHOLD
SUM
  GROSS_SALES AS 'Gross Sales'
  NET_SALES AS 'Net Sales'
BY  LOOKUP1 AS 'Month Lookup Value'
BY  LOOKUP2 AS 'Week Lookup Value'
BY  CUBE_EXECUTIVEVPLEVEL1 AS 'Market Unit'
BY  FOCUSPRODUCT AS 'Product'
BY  TMONTH AS 'Month Ending'
BY  TWEEK AS 'Week Ending'
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET NODATA 0
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON
ON TABLE SET HOLDMISS ON
ON TABLE SET EMPTYREPORT ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"&DATEMDYY &TOD"
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     PAGESIZE='LETTER',
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     GRID=OFF,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=8,
     COLOR='BLACK',
     BACKCOLOR='NONE',
     STYLE=NORMAL,
  TITLETEXT=&TITLETEXT,
$
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE HOLD AS OQUNITS FORMAT EXL2K TEMPLATE 'Mktg_Wkly' SHEETNUMBER 1
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Matthew,

PROD: WebFOCUS 7.1.4 on Win 2003/Microsoft-IIS 6.0/ServletExec 4.2/JAVA version 1.5.0_09
DEV: WebFOCUS 7.6.1 on Win 2003/Microsoft-IIS 6.0/ServletExec 4.2/JAVA version 1.5.0_09
LOCAL: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Win XP SP2/Apache Tomcat 5.5.17/JAVA version 1.5.0_09

Posts: 31 | Location: Denver | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
BTP1010 No report to distribute.

That is a normal message when creating a hold file in ReportCaster.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Okay ..... but how do I then take this hold file and distribute it via E-mail with ReportCaster? I want both the file to be saved (hold file) and the file to be ditributed. Is there an better way to accomplish this? recipients are not licensed WF users so I cannot use the MRE library.

PROD: WebFOCUS 7.1.4 on Win 2003/Microsoft-IIS 6.0/ServletExec 4.2/JAVA version 1.5.0_09
DEV: WebFOCUS 7.6.1 on Win 2003/Microsoft-IIS 6.0/ServletExec 4.2/JAVA version 1.5.0_09

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You will have to have another task that sends the file you have created. Go into Report Caster..under Task Type, pick File and then put the path to the file and e-mail it as you would a regular report.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
My main FEX creates a filename (based on the date the file was created) that changes each time the file is created. Is there a way to use a variable for the file path and name?

path,name is like ...\2006\05-May\Actuals-05-May-05-18-06.xls

All the date components of the above path and name are built in the FEX abd change to the date the file is run.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I have never worked with Templates and don't know if you can just directly send them in Reportcaster without going thru the HOLD process...Anyone out there that can help him?

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Here is how I have solved this for now. I take the original file that I created on the other server and use DOS commands to copy it to a static filename on the Reportcaster server. I can then add a recportcaster task to send this file at the completion of each job. It is not perfect, but it works.

!COPY "&FULLPATH|\&FNAME" "E:\IBI\APPS\MKTG\TEMPMKTG.XLS"

The recipients will need to manage their files as each week when they recieve a file it will be named the exact same name every time.

If anyone has a way that I can send a file whose name changes programatically each run, I would appreciate the advice.