Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to debug the values from Command language in FOCUS for z/os.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to debug the values from Command language in FOCUS for z/os.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I would like to know that how to debug command language statements in FOCUS for Mainframe. Below given the code snippet.

TABLE FILE SELDATA
PRINT
AAA
IF AAA EQ 'XX'
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1
END
-RUN

The above code TABLE FILE is read the file SELDATA and if condition is satisfies, 'HOLD1' Fixed file will create. Please let me know how to see the records of HOLD1 file as i can able to get the record deceleration for HOLD1 using 'HOLDMASTER' DD in JCL. And how do we debug the process of TABLE FILE statement while executing the JCL that what record is reading as we can get NUMBER OF RECORDS read in SPOOL. i hope PRINT command is writing data into HOLD1 file and not showed any data in my SPOOL of Z/OS Environment.

And

How do we display the Virtual Fields values which are creating by DEFINE FILE statement for the below code.

DEFINE FILE SELDATA

HEAD1/A54 = IF AAAE EQ 'T1'
THEN BBB
ELSE ' ';

HEAD2/A54 = IF AAA EQ 'T2'
THEN BBB
ELSE ' ';

HEAD3/A54 = IF AAA EQ 'T3'
THEN BBB
ELSE ' ';
END

While executing the above code via JCL i would like to know the values of HEAD1, HEAD2 and HEAD3. Kindly help me to debug items of command language. Thanks.

-Nath

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hi,

I can able to get the debugging of TABLE FILE data while processing by using SET PRINT ONLINE.

Please let me know how can we display the values of virtual fields in SPOOL while executing.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
With respect, I think you should get some training on the basic aspects of WebFOCUS.

APP HOLD BASEAPP

TABLE FILE SELDATA 
PRINT 
AAA 
IF AAA EQ 'XX' 
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1 FORMAT ALPHA
END  

will produce human-readable output in the baseapp folder.

I assume that in the following BBB is a database field.
DEFINE FILE SELDATA 

HEAD1/A54 = IF AAAE EQ 'T1' 
THEN BBB 
ELSE ' '; 

HEAD2/A54 = IF AAA EQ 'T2' 
THEN BBB 
ELSE ' '; 

HEAD3/A54 = IF AAA EQ 'T3' 
THEN BBB
ELSE ' '; 
END

TABLE FILE SELDATA
PRINT AAAE HEAD1 AAA HEAD2 HEAD3
END 

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi George,

Thanks for help. I have got the values as expected.

Yes. i am the new for 'FOCUS for Z/Os'. i am learning basics and coding by helping of available documents provided by Information Builders. This is my new project which i need to migrate the reports from FOCUS to EZYTRIEV. Thanks once again.
-Nath

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi GNTH,
I find it interesting that your organization is trying to convert FOCUS to EZTRIEVE. I've usually found the opposite.
Your submitting with JCL, so BASEAPP is folder probably not a factor. If you want to see the output, comment out the ON TABLE HOLD line and submit your job. A comment in FOCUS is -*.
-*ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1
This will show your output.
If you don't want to see all of the output use the WHERE STATEMENT:
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 100;
or
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 100; If your source is A FOCUS database.
(100 being the amount of records.)

If you want to see what is in the newly created fields in the define, use the code that George provides.

Good luck

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 35 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 17, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Msondra !!

I will try and what you suggested and its very helpful for my task. I am very much interesting to learn FOCUS as it is very effective to create reports.

-Nath

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs