Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Need assistance with HTML front page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Need assistance with HTML front page
 Login/Join

posted
I'm currently working on an HTML front page which the user uses to select the variables and are sent to the report. I built the most of it in the Report Layout Painter, but I needed to go into the text to make a few style changes and add in javascript.

Here's where I'm having the issues. All of my other pages have the selection boxes in a table to format. On this one, if I try to put in a table, my list box is no longer pre-filled despite making no changes except to enclose the group in a table tag. Drop down lists work fine, but the list box doesn't work anymore.

This also leads to a second problem I have. I need to pre-fill my two text boxes with today's date. I normally do this with javascript, but I cannot enclose the elements in a form tag to use my normal javascript. I've tried using "document.getElementByID()" rather than "document.form.textboxname" but it consistantly gives me errors.

Any ideas on solutions?

- Stephanie Pierce
WF 7.1.4
Win2K

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Stephanie,

I have heard that WF 7 generates no form HTML pages but I have never seen one.

Please post the HTML page if it's not too large.

Remember to click on Options and check Disable HTML in the Create Message window of the forum.

Cheers,

Francis.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<Tim Howard_ABCBS>
posted
You need

document.getElementById
not
document.getElementByID

Javascript is very picky.

document.getElementById("varName") should work to get the html object. If you want to reference it's value, you must use this syntax:

document.getElementById("varName").value

Francis is correct, there are no forms in version 7. So document.form.textboxname will not work.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
yikes;
tim, does that mean that the PUBLISH option from an mre fex is gone? or produces something other than a launch page? or produces a launch page with something other than a form with action, submit button, etc?
or is this a DevStu feature that produces some animal other than a form?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Tim Howard_ABCBS>
posted
I've not used the Publish option much, but it looks like it is still using forms to send the request.

It's the report painter (or html layout painter as it is called in version 7) that is not using forms anymore. It uses xml and javascript, I imagine by using an xmlhttprequest call(ala AJAX), to send the request and iframes to handle the return.

Let me know if you look at moving to version 7 and have some questions. I'd be glad to get you any information I have.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
There is a form button in the HTML layout painter should you wish to include one so 7 should still function with them if you have existing code.

The problem I'm having with 7 at the moment regarding forms is with one particular HTML page the dynamically create various SELECT and INPUT tags depending upon the previous one being populated. This is triggered by an onchange event which doesn't seem to be triggered Frowner. I'm not convinced that it is a WF problem although it stills works unchanged in 5.3.4 but not in 7.1.3 does suggest otherwise.

The joys of upgrades eh?

Have a great weekend all.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post