Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Activate panel in portal

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Activate panel in portal
 Login/Join

posted
I have a portal with a verticle accordion container. The first panel displays a report with a drill down link. That link calls a javascript function which passes parameters to the second report and refreshes frames. That all works... except that the user has to click on the second panel title to bring it up. What is the javascript code that will set the second panel as active after the refresh? The visibility style does not work.
function refreshReports(){ 
var name = this.window.name; 
parent.BipIframeInterface.setAllAmpersValues(name, IbComposer_getAllAmpersValues()); 
parent.BipIframeInterface.refresh(parent.BipIframeInterface.REFRESH_ALL, name); 
}

function run_detail(PROJ_NUMB, PROJ_STAT, PROJ_INV, INV_FMT, PROJ_BATCH, PROJ_NAME, PROJ_USER, PROJ_COM, PROJ_MGR) { 
document.getElementById("inputhidden1").value = PROJ_NUMB; 
document.getElementById("inputhidden2").value = PROJ_STAT; 
document.getElementById("inputhidden3").value = PROJ_INV; 
document.getElementById("inputhidden4").value = INV_FMT; 
document.getElementById("inputhidden5").value = PROJ_BATCH; 
document.getElementById("inputhidden6").value = PROJ_NAME; 
document.getElementById("inputhidden7").value = PROJ_USER; 
document.getElementById("inputhidden8").value = PROJ_COM; 
document.getElementById("inputhidden9").value = PROJ_MGR; 
//document.getElementById("Area_1_1").style.visibility='hidden';
//document.getElementById("Area_2_1").style.visibility='visible';
refreshReports(); 
}

Thank you for your assistance,
T. Newton

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Teri Newton,

Posts: 23 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the Expert's Room at Summit to demonstrate the application. I had five people around me who said that "Yes, this should be possible." However, the JavasScript guru was busy and he would contact me via email.

Monday, I opened a case with IBI...
********************** COMMENTS FROM INFORMATION BUILDERS **********************
Unfortunately, there is no way to rise the report when you click on the drilldown in an accordian report inside the portal.
If you like I can certainly submit your case to programming as a New Feature Request. If so, please give me a buisness justification for this request and I will forward to the division for consideration.
********************************************************************************

It just seems that if I can refresh the other frames, I should be able to go to the next page in the accordion.

Posts: 23 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post