Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Compound Report in PDF has missing data

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Compound Report in PDF has missing data
 Login/Join

posted
I have read the thread on compound reports where you use the OPEN NOBREAK on the first report, then CLOSE on the last report. I used it and ran it from Report Caster but the second report was missing some data. The same happened when I run it from DevStudio. When I put it back to HTML and kept the OPEN and CLOSE statements, the second report showed all the data.

Anybody had the same experience?
Does anybody have a way around this?

Please help. Thanks in advance to all replies.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF767, WinServ2003, SQLServ2000
HTML

posted Hide Post
More info...

My goal is to run a compound report through RCaster successfully. The only time it works is when I it HTML from DevStudio.

HTML

posted Hide Post
How many reports are there? Just the 2? What do you mean data is missing? Typically that has nothing to do with the COMPOUND feature. A problem with COMPOUND would cause a report to maybe not show up in a package but it shouldn't cause any data integrity issues.

It will always work for HTML because HTML doesn't compound. HTML just displays all the reports one after another.

Copy of the code would be helpful.

OP system: WIN2K

posted Hide Post
The SQL database was being restored when I ran the report, which caused the missing data.
I just found out later after the report completed running.

It is working fine now.
Thanks for your reply bcowley!

HTML