Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Report Caster - Roll your Own Question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report Caster - Roll your Own Question
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone in the group written their own custom interface with Rpeort Caster 5.3+? We want to add a scheduling option to all of our reports using a opo-up window that would be a tailored front end for the use to Report Caster.

Just curious if anyone has tackled this before? and what they learned.. and what tools and environment they built their UI in?

Rich

Posts: 19 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: July 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the opportunity to do this at a previous employer and we used Cold Fusion which is of course outdated now (insert duck and run icon).

We passed variables to the scheduler and it was pretty slick!

Posts: 7 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
FOr both 5.2 and 5.3 we used the supplied JSP sample files and they worked really well. Actualy, I think the JSP sample files we used were from WF 5.2 as they were not supplied with 5.3.

Try the samples at http://localhost/rcaster/samples/rbalogon.htm

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Francis... that is exactly what I was looking for. Are the sample files you mentioned 'supposed' to be installed locally with the other Desktop tools? Or did you have to request a special install of R/C as a local server on your machine?

Thanks
Rich

Posts: 19 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: July 23, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The JSP files will be in the ReportCaster Webapp folder on the server:

C:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\webapps\rcaster53\jsp

Unfortunately, at the moment, I have a new installation of WebFOCUS 5.3.2 and do not have the files I used for scheduling reports. I will restore them from a backup tonight and give you some more information tomorrow.

Meanwhile, if you want to go the JSP route, these two files are needed from the 5.2 samples directory: rcaster_menuinit.jsp and rcaster_create.jsp (in 5.3, I think they're replaced by java servlets).

Cheers.

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Rich

Like the other posters, we also acoomplish this. all of our reports are accessed in a custom portal written in asp. Users always have three choices Run, Defer, Schedule. The schedule button takes them to a new screen where they fill out all of the schedule info and how to handle rolling dates. Then we call the jsp servlets. Works perfectly.

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post