Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] InfoAssist Basic Installations

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] InfoAssist Basic Installations
 Login/Join

posted
We are in the process of upgrading from 7.7.03 to 8.1.05. Since we have never had a license for InfoAssist, our Report Assistant will migrate to InfoAssist Basic.

We are currently encountering a number of issues and have concerns that there aren't many users of InfoAssist Basic so it might not be well tested.

Could anyone using InfoAssist Basic respond so we have a sense of who is using it? Also, if you have a sense of the installed base of InfoAssist Basic users that would be wonderful.

Thank you,
Rosemary

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 7.7.0.3
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hello, Rosemary. I am currently a product manager for InfoAssist. I know we have customers who use InfoAssist Basic, but will need to get back to you regarding the installed base of InfoAssist Basic users.

In regards to the issues you are currently encountering, I would recommend reviewing our report on 8.1.05 Fixes to see if perhaps they might have been addressed. You may find information on this via the link below:

https://techsupport.informatio...ase_and_gen.html#8.1

If you do not find anything related to the issues you are experiencing, I would recommend opening hottrack cases for them, so they can be reviewed and properly escalated.

Also, below is a link to the InfoAssist Basic topic from our 8.1.05 Technical Library, which I hope you find helpful:

http://infocenter.informationb...t/source/topic11.htm

Regards,
Maria

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Maria

Thanks so much for getting back to me.
I would love to hear how large the installed base is. Also, what is the plan for InfoAssist Basic moving forward with InfoAssist Plus.

Can InfoAssist and InfoAssist Basic coexist? If we bought a few licenses for InfoAssist they could coexist with InfoAssist Basic. Correct?

We have 8.1.05 installed so we have all those fixes.

We have resolved a number of our issues. However, we still have an outstanding issue which is an IBI case 22863534. The ticket was entered on 10/13 and we haven't received an update since 10/29.

Thanks for you help,

Rosemary

WebFOCUS 7.7.0.3
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hello, Rosemary. You are very welcome.

Regarding your question about our installed base of IA Basic users, that is unfortunately information we cannot provide at the moment. However, we do have customers who use InfoAssist Basic. The product has been available for about 3 years, and a lot of our customers have migrated from WebFOCUS 77x to 8X.

You may not need this at this point, but just in case, I am proving below the link to the Migration Guide:

http://infocenter.informationb...Fsource%2Fopener.htm

In regards to IBI case 22863534, I confirmed that the fix that we have for this works fine using alphanumeric formats. The fix should work with any format. However, our QA team will do regression testing in this area to ensure stability.

As for your questions about InfoAssist Basic, InfoAssist Basic and the full version of InfoAssist can co-exist provided that you use a license that provides access to both. Our plan with InfoAssist Basic remains the same, it replaces our legacy Report Assistant tool and contains a sub-set of the functionality available in the full version of InfoAssist.

InfoAssist Plus will combine full InfoAssist and InfoDiscovery capabilities.

Should you have any additional questions, or encounter any other issues, please feel free to contact out customer support team.

Regards,
Maria

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs