Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Going Back and Forth in Info Assist and Developer Studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Going Back and Forth in Info Assist and Developer Studio
 Login/Join

posted
While I am trying to get used to the Info Assist environment (because that is what our it team wants us to use), I am having trouble switching between both environments for the same code.

For example I use info assist to get basic stuff and then switch to developer studio to make changes and use logic that I see fit. I am more used to developer studio at this time. Finding stuff in info assist is a bit challenging for implementing logic.

I am able to go from Info Assist to Developer Studio, but then when I come back to open the same code/report in Info Assist after making changes in developer studio, it won't let me open in Info Assist.

What can I do to avoid this restriction, if it is possible at all.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 8 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: October 13, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to avoid that restriction. Info Assist doesn't accept the entire focus language. When you start adding in things that IA can't handle, then you won't be able to open it in IA anymore. If you all you are looking to do is adjust the code by hand, you can always open it with the text editor instead of going to Dev Studio. But again, if your starting to do things to complex for IA, you will get errors when trying to open it.

With some time and experience, you can start to get a feel for what IA will accept and what it won't. Unfortunately though, the tool is not designed in a way where you can flip back and forth through the development tools.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Eric,

Is there a document that lists the things that can be done in Dev Studio/App Studio, that can't be done in Info Assist? This info would be helpful and would save time from trial and error learning for all these types of situations.

Thank you,
Amy

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Amy that would be a rather long document. Something like that doesn't exist. It's something you have to learn through experience.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post