Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     sending from Report Caster a link to a generated report in WF

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
sending from Report Caster a link to a generated report in WF
 Login/Join

posted
Hy,

I have a problem like this: I have a table which is updated periodically. In WebFOCUS I have a report based on the informations from the table. The request is to send an email to a group with a link to the generated report for the last information added in the table.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Mady, The Angel Sweating

WF 5.3.3 platform Windows, database:Oracle

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Schedule the Report to run in Reportcaster with output as an e-mail to the group.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Report Library functionality to me.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
and if I ask you...will you give me some more details about then Report Library functionality?

Best wishes,
Mady

WF 5.3.3 platform Windows, database:Oracle

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sure. It's all in the documentation, but here's a snapshot--Report Caster gives you the ability to send scheduled reports to a Report Library. Then you can notify individuals that a new report exists in the library and give them a link to that report.
I just looked up the "official" version in the Report Caster End User Manual--
The Report Library includes secure access to library content, the ability to save multiple versions of the same output, and the ability to set an expiration date or keep a specified number of versions. The Report Library is available only to ReportCaster users who have been granted access to the
library.
When you create a schedule to be distributed to the Report Library, you can send an e-mail message to all recipients with access rights to the content in the Report Library. This message contains the URL required to access the content. If you receive such an e-mail:
1. Open the e-mail and click the URL to the library content. The logon window opens.
2. Type your ReportCaster user ID and password. After a successful logon, you are sent directly to the specified output within the Library Content interface. There is an option to return to the Library Content interface that enables you to view additional content to which you have access in the library.
If you do not receive an e-mail notification, you can access the Library Content interface from Managed Reporting or the Business Intelligence Dashboard as follows:
❏ From the Managed Reporting Domains environment, click the Report Library icon on the toolbar.
❏ From the Business Intelligence Dashboard, select Library from the Tools option in the banner. You can also add the interface to a Dashboard Content page.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post