Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Report schedlued using Report caster API runs immediately after scheduling

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Report schedlued using Report caster API runs immediately after scheduling
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,

I'm scheduling the report in Report Caster using the API. I have scheduled the report frequency as weekly once, along with the run day.
Though these values are properly updated in the Start Time, Start Date, Interval and Weekdays column of botsched table, the report gets delivered immediately.I think the issue is with the NextRunTime value. Currently I'm not manipulating the value for this column.
Should I need to use any API to update the value for that column , so that the report will get delivered only on the scheduled date ?

Thanks
Priya

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Windows

Using all the above

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I would first take a look through the ReportCaster frontend to ensure that the correct date and start time are scheduled.
I'm pretty sure that date/time is stored in the ReportCaster repository in Universal time. So, if you want to run a job at 4:00PM Eastern time and that's what your sending and the time is currently 3:00PM Eastern, ReportCaster would look at the current time (3:00PM) as 8:00PM. Of course, this is past your 4:00PM scheduled time so the job would run immediate.
This is what would happen with ReportCaster Web Services which is built on top of the ReportCaster API.
Let me know how it goes.

Posts: 229 | Location: New York | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Thanks for the response. I compared the the schedule that I created manually in report caster which is scheduled to run on a weekly basis with the one that I created using the API.Under the schedule tab, there is an option "Enabled (Scheduled jobs runs at Specified time)". This when checked, the status of the schedule is Active in the BOTSCHED table. But for the one that I generated using the API, I see in the Report Caster front end that this option is not checked. Hence the staus goes to disabled after the report runs once immediately.
Pl let me know how I can enable this using the API.

Thanks
Priya

Windows

Using all the above

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Priya,
As I'm more familiar with ReportCaster Web Services, the ReportCaster API should have the same methods.

setActive(true); should accomplish what you need.

This is found in the main Schedule Class.

Let me know if this works.

Posts: 229 | Location: New York | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post