Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     SUM or SUBTOTAL in SUBFOOT

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SUM or SUBTOTAL in SUBFOOT
 Login/Join

<Gabbar>
posted
Hi,

I have the following scenario.

TABLE FILE FILE1
SUM
COUNT1
BY
SORT1
BY
SORT2
BY
SORT3
BY
SORT4
WHERE ....
END

Now I need to display Sub-Total for SORT2 and SORT3 fields in the SUBFOOT of the same. i.e.

SORT1 SORT2 SORT3 SORT4 COUNT1
A1 B1 C1 D1 100
D2 200
D3 300

************************ TOTAL C1 600 ***** (SUBFOOT ON SORT3)

C2 D1 400
D7 100
************************ TOTAL C2 500 *****

************************ TOTAL B1 1100 ****
(SUBFOOT ON SORT2)

Kindly provide any leads about what code I need to add in either SUBFOOT label or somewhere else to achieve the desired display.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If all you want is a subtotal at that level and not at other levels then

ON SORT3 SUBTOTAL AS 'TOTAL'

This however subtotals all values (of course you only have one COUNT1 - however you do have other fields I see). It appears though that you want the total to print in between your detail line information.

You can do subfoots as the sort values change
ON SORT3 SUBFOOT
"****************TOTAL <SORT3 <ST.COUNT1"
ON SORT2 SUBFOOT
"****************TOTAL <SORT2 <ST.COUNT1"

The subfoots would print on the appropriate break, but if you want the other fields in between hopefully someone out there has accomplished this, or is it just the way you presented your data?

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
You might not even have to do a SUBFOOT at all. Try this:
ON SORT3 SUB-TOTAL
You will then get:
TOTAL SORT3 C1 600
TOTAL SORT3 C2 500
TOTAL SORT2 B1 1100

If however, you want a particular layout, then the SUBFOOTs as above.

Posts: 60 | Location: 2 penn | Registered: May 22, 2003Report This Post