Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] exl2k formula running total

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] exl2k formula running total
 Login/Join

posted
I have a report that outputs some running totals within excel. Now the users have asked for the fomulas for those totals to be included so that if they edit any of the data in the report the totals auto-update.

I thought this would be simple enough to achieve using exl2k formula but when i switch the output format i get a circular reference in excel.

Am I missing something or is this just not possible in exl2k formula?

Example Code:
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM
UNITS
DOLLARS
COMPUTE RUNTOT/I10 = LAST RUNTOT+UNITS;
BY CITY
ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K FORMULA
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

AIX Server
WebFocus 7.6.11

Posts: 10 | Location: Nottingham, UK | Registered: November 20, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This works. I'm sure there are other ways; this is just one way. A Multi-verb request may work?
This also removes the dreaded EXCEL circular reference:

APP PREPENDPATH IBISAMP
-RUN
-SET &ECHO=ALL;
DEFINE FILE GGSALES
  XUNITS/I10C = UNITS;
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES 
SUM 
    XUNITS 
    DOLLARS
      COMPUTE CNT/I5 = CNT + 1;
  BY CITY 
 ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1
END
-RUN
DEFINE FILE HOLD1
  RUN_TOTAL/I10C = IF CNT EQ 1 THEN XUNITS ELSE LAST RUN_TOTAL + XUNITS;
END
TABLE FILE HOLD1
SUM 
    XUNITS AS 'UNITS'
    DOLLARS
    RUN_TOTAL
  BY CITY 
ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL 
END
-EXIT

BUT, as an example, Cell D3 will "not" show =SUM(D2+B3) or =SUM(D2:B3)...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Flynn,

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom - but this isnt what I am after.

I want the formula for the running total to be displayed, not the result - hence the use of EXL2K FORMULA as the output.

As an example I tried thi code, but it seems the use of LAST means the formula doesnt translate correctly in Excel.

TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM
UNITS
DOLLARS
RANKED AS 'SEQ' BY CITY
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE HOLD1
SUM
UNITS
DOLLARS
COMPUTE RUNTOT/I10 = IF SEQ EQ 1 THEN UNITS ELSE (LAST RUNTOT+ UNITS);
BY CITY
-*ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pwoods,

AIX Server
WebFocus 7.6.11

Posts: 10 | Location: Nottingham, UK | Registered: November 20, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi pwoods,

I checked with our technicals and was suggested that this looks like an issue to be fixed by programming, so please open a case with Customer Support Services to submit this. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post