Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] displaying results from MySQL stored procedure

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] displaying results from MySQL stored procedure
 Login/Join

posted
I have a very simple report that I am using to try and test retrieving results from a MySql stored procedure. I have tried numerous variations but they all end the same way with "EDA no data".

Here is the procedure:

ENGINE SQLMYSQL SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION BCAR_Dev
SQL SQLMYSQL
call dev_activity.p_SportCrossTab_AgeRange_DOB('AgeRange','Municipalities','Vancouver - C','2',null,null,null,'2009-2010');
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS SQLOUT
END

I have tested the procedure with the parameters shown above and results are returned.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

CA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.7.02
Windows Server 2008
HTML/PDF/Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum. Please modify your signature and spell WebFOCUS correctly, THANKS!

2 possible ways:

1)

SQL SQLMYSQL PREPARE SQLOUT FOR
call dev_activity.p_SportCrossTab_AgeRange_DOB('AgeRange','Municipalities','Vancouver - C','2',null,null,null,'2009-2010');
END
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS SQLOUT
END

2)

SQL SQLMYSQL
TABLE
ON TABLE HOLD AS SQLOUT
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS SQLOUT
END

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom thanks for the help.

I tried both of your examples and get the following error: " (FOC205) THE DESCRIPTION CANNOT BE FOUND FOR FILE NAMED: SQLOUT".

Everything looks right to me so not sure why that error is coming up. I went looking through my past attempts at getting this to work and realized I made an attempt exactly like your 1st example and abandoned it because of that error.

Not sure what the problem is but would appreciate any more suggestions.

CA

WebFocus 7.7.02
Windows Server 2008
HTML/PDF/Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom,
quote:
spell WebFOCUS correctly, THANKS!
I see that I'm not the only one who recommends this... Cool
There's only a few other way to capitalize it and they're on a license plate where there are only caps... Don't forget WEBFOC. Who's that Texan from Virginia driving that Awesome Escalade?

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Did not notice you were holding as SQLOUT, as well, my fault. Try these. I did change call to ex, and took out END in 1):

1)

SQL SQLMYSQL PREPARE SQLOUT FOR
ex dev_activity.p_SportCrossTab_AgeRange_DOB('AgeRange','Municipalities','Vancouver - C','2',null,null,null,'2009-2010');
-* END
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS SQLOUT1
END
-RUN

2)

SQL SQLMYSQL
ex dev_activity.p_SportCrossTab_AgeRange_DOB('AgeRange','Municipalities','Vancouver - C','2',null,null,null,'2009-2010');
TABLE ON TABLE HOLD AS SQLOUT
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS SQLOUT1
END
-RUN

"Maybe" the connection name is incorrect(BCAR_Dev)?
"Maybe" the dbo is incorrect(dev_activity), don't know?

If this doesn't work, please open a case with IBI, as, my search on SQLMYSQL only came up with a few hits...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help Tom. I did not notice I was holding as SQLOUT but I should have. Either way I still cannot see the data returned by the procedure using either example.

I have checked the connection name and database name and they are correct. I can cut and paste the sql into a mysql window and it runs correctly.

I did have to change the ex back to call as that is the mysql syntax.

Again thanks for the help and I guess I am off to support.

CA

WebFocus 7.7.02
Windows Server 2008
HTML/PDF/Excel