Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]How to Link to a file outside of ibi_apps

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]How to Link to a file outside of ibi_apps
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Is there a way to link to a file on a designated path. Currently it always include the ibi_apps path eventhough i supply the correct path.

It points to /ibi_apps/*%20//d0123/webfocus$/Reports/RPT123.pdf instead of directly to \\d0123\webfocus$\Reports\RPT123.pdf

Currently i am using the following to set the URL path

TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N10,
TARGET='_blank',
URL=(REPORT_LINK),

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin Tong,

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003, all output

Posts: 32 | Location: Malaysia | Registered: December 29, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kevin,

Use the FILE:/// form of URL.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tony for your response.

I tried using the file:/// suffix but i am not getting it to work, however when i use the suffix path in a browser it worked.

The path supplied file:///D:/WebFocus/Reports/Rpt123.pdf

It stills points back to the ibi_apps folder and gives me the following message :

The requested resource (/ibi_apps/file:///D:/WebFocus/Reports/Rpt123.pdf) is not available.

Is there anything i need to set or include in order for it to work?

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003, all output

Expert
posted Hide Post
Kevin,

Are you using braces around the URL value? i.e "URL=(REPORT_LINK)"

Just include the URL without quotes, braces or anything else -

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, URL=http://www.google.co.uk, $

Oh, and forget using the file:/// prefix.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Yes I am using braces as REPORT_LINK is return from a SQL Table, but for web page address it works with or without braces but when it comes to url for a file it doesn't.

Some how i manage to use the following path :
file://d0123/webfocus$/Reports/Rpt123.pdf

It stills return me message but it seems it is not pointing to ibi_apps folder, but it appends an additional slash (/) at the beginning and i think this causes it to fail as follow :

The requested resource (/%20file://d0123/webfocus$/Reports/Rpt23.pdf) is not available.

Hope you can shed some hints for me. Thanks in advance.

Kev

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003, all output

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Here is an example of what works. Make sure you are referencing your field REPORT_LINK in the procedure.

DEFINE FILE CAR
REPORT_LINK/A50 = 'C:/FOCTEMP/TEST.PDF';
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
REPORT_LINK NOPRINT
BY COUNTRY

HEADING
""
FOOTING
""
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N1,
URL=(REPORT_LINK),
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

WF 8.2.01M
8.2.01M Reporting Server
Windows 2012 Srvr R2
PDF,Excel, HTML
Graphs - a lot of graphs

Posts: 60 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tony and mrguru for your replies.

I have finally noticed the problem of not getting it work. If my link is retrieved from tables directly and passed in to URL=(REPORT_LINK) it will somehow always point to ibi_apps folder. But, if it is passed to a variable and it works wonder

COMPUTE OPENLINK/A100 = REPORT_LINK; NOPRINT

URL=(OPENLINK),

Thank you guys so much for replying my thread. Going to tag this thread as close.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003, all output