Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Multiselect issues

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Multiselect issues
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I'm creating a launch page via html composer for a fex that that works well with the auto-prompt. At present, just one amper variable (of about 6) was defined in a filter with OR ("Multiselect OR"), the rest are set for single select.

At the launch page, enabling this amper variable's drop down box (or list box) Multiple property brings up the warning that this variable isn't set up properly for multi select. Double-check the fex, and it is.

Giving the launch page a test run, it'll load up and the dropdown/listbox will actually allow the multiple selection, but multiple selection isn't performed and returned into the report - just one value from the box is used in the report's execution.

Has anyone come across this situation before??
We're using 7702M here for Win64.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Keith MacDonald,

WebFOCUS & DataMigrator 7.7.03M
Windows 2003, Windows 2008 x64

posted Hide Post
We're now using 7.7.02M H2 as well. And I just had this very same problem with a converted set of files.

This is pretty easy to fix and I have to thank my coworker Jerry for the answer:

• On the Parameter tab - break the binding between the control and the parameter.
  • Back to Composer - select the control and change it to Multi-select
  • Back on the Parameters tab - rebind the control to the parameter

That fixed it for me. Apparently, the action of re-binding the parameter with the modified control is enough to fix the code in the html file to correctly handle the reconfigured control.

It's just not immediately obvious that you need to do these steps. I guess that's what helps us keep our jobs Smiler .

WebFOCUS 8.1.0.4
Win Server 2012,
Excel, PDF, HTML

Posts: 8 | Location: Paris, IL USA | Registered: December 08, 2009Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Brilliant! Works like a charm. Thanks!

Master
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to try it as well. (Have to get out of the fire and back in the frying pan on some other issues first!)

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I'd say this is somewhat a workaround, but it shouldn't take more than a few minutes (unless there are a huge number of parameters).

posted Hide Post
If have many to change insure to have the - operation="OR" - for any multiselect variable as per example:

WF 7.6.11 HF4 gen34, WF 7.7.03 gen 253,
Windows 64 bit
Excel, PDF, HTML