Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Customized Dashboard Banner Image[SOLVED]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Customized Dashboard Banner Image[SOLVED]
 Login/Join

<trima>
posted
I am working on customizing the image used in our dashboard banner. I was able to get it to work both by creating a new worp folder and by setting the image as wallpaper for background one. The problem is that the image shows great on my machine, but when I go to other machines the right side of the image is cut off.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <trima>,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Does the right side of the image get cut off because the scree resolution of the other machines is lower than the one you created the image on? If so, create a smaller image. Test the Dashboard banner with different screen resolutions to ensure it will fit most of the users screens.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
trima
when you want to customize db, you'll need to step away from the View Builder, and go to the server and edit the files directly.
worp_custom for your view, look at the banner.html and the corresponding banner.css which positions the single logo.
Then go look in
worp_users for your view, and look at the layout.xml.
Note the 'rows(...)' phrase...
the * should always be the last entry in that rows(...) phrase...
the ViewBuilder tool will mess that up, and will stick the * in front, so your banner shows up on the bottom of the screen. ViewBuilder has been busted like that since day1. ha!
so get accustomed to tinkering with the view's files yourself (backing them up first, of course Smiler

In firefox on a mac (different from firefox on a pc), that css that controls the logo isn't enough...it won't specify the height of the image, so FF squishes it all flat. ha!

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<trima>
posted
Thank you for all your help. I used Francis' idea and looked at it in the different resolutions. On some they could see the whole banner and other resolutions could only see part. So, I adjust my next so that the people who could only see a partial graphic could at least see all the words.

Report This Post