Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Cannot reuse focexec filename after deletion

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Cannot reuse focexec filename after deletion
 Login/Join

<rtswf>
posted
In WebFocus 533 DevStudio when I delete a procedure to start over (reasons I won't go into here) DevStudio won't let me use the same file name. It gives me error "Unable to save file IBIS:/{filename}" and then error "Cannot locate file" message comes up after that.

I know it has to be in the list of internal file names. Where can I clear that list or work around?

Thanks
MR

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Under the old version, if you deleted the entry on the 'application', it kept the file on the hard drive instead of deleting it. Sounds as if the same thing is still happening in 5.3.3.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
<rtswf>
posted
That sounds logical to me, but I cannot locate this file or others I have deleted anywhere.

----------
MR

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Is your set up for the fex to be stored on the WebFOCUS application server? I haven't used the 5.3.3 version much yet and am answering this from home with no access at the moment. Wonder if a bug?

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
<rtswf>
posted
Yes, allthe fex files are stored on the application server and I have searched that server as well for the files.

Good thinking, keep ideas comming.

----------
MR

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Okay, how about refresh domain. Of course you may be going next day and it automatically refreshes. Of course that may be MRE specific. And deleting temporary files only applies to when in a browser, so I don't know. Have you searched the IB data base?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...evapps/applogic5.htm

This does a little discussion on application path. Have fun.

<rtswf>
posted
Leah,

thanks for the input, but this didn't help. I might be reading it wrong because some of it doesn't match my enviroment.

Not a big issue right now, will be keeping my eyes open so I can fix it when I do see it.

Thank for all the help

MR

Report This Post