Focal Point
Cannot reuse focexec filename after deletion

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3081098331

September 14, 2005, 07:08 PM
<rtswf>
Cannot reuse focexec filename after deletion
In WebFocus 533 DevStudio when I delete a procedure to start over (reasons I won't go into here) DevStudio won't let me use the same file name. It gives me error "Unable to save file IBIS:/{filename}" and then error "Cannot locate file" message comes up after that.

I know it has to be in the list of internal file names. Where can I clear that list or work around?

Thanks
MR
September 14, 2005, 07:11 PM
Leah
Under the old version, if you deleted the entry on the 'application', it kept the file on the hard drive instead of deleting it. Sounds as if the same thing is still happening in 5.3.3.
September 14, 2005, 07:17 PM
<rtswf>
That sounds logical to me, but I cannot locate this file or others I have deleted anywhere.

----------
MR
September 14, 2005, 07:47 PM
Leah
Is your set up for the fex to be stored on the WebFOCUS application server? I haven't used the 5.3.3 version much yet and am answering this from home with no access at the moment. Wonder if a bug?
September 14, 2005, 08:14 PM
<rtswf>
Yes, allthe fex files are stored on the application server and I have searched that server as well for the files.

Good thinking, keep ideas comming.

----------
MR
September 14, 2005, 08:23 PM
Leah
Okay, how about refresh domain. Of course you may be going next day and it automatically refreshes. Of course that may be MRE specific. And deleting temporary files only applies to when in a browser, so I don't know. Have you searched the IB data base?
September 14, 2005, 09:14 PM
Leah
http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...evapps/applogic5.htm

This does a little discussion on application path. Have fun.
September 20, 2005, 06:10 PM
<rtswf>
Leah,

thanks for the input, but this didn't help. I might be reading it wrong because some of it doesn't match my enviroment.

Not a big issue right now, will be keeping my eyes open so I can fix it when I do see it.

Thank for all the help

MR