Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Multi-Select Values Passed Into a Drill Down

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Multi-Select Values Passed Into a Drill Down
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
We are currently working on some requirements for our customer and they have asked that on a detail report that lists out a bunch of calculated data by Serial_Number that we let them choose multiple serial numbers and then drill-across to another report that will provide a service history and different information on those machines. The problem is that someone on the team already did this but it took TONS of custome HTML/DHTML and Java to enable this. Management does not wish to support that level of custom code.

1. Is there some kind of tool or option that enables multiple "group-bys" to be selected on a report and then drill to another fex? Is there anything like this that is out-of-the-box in WebFocus (5.3 or any)?

2. Are there easy ways to do this that are prefered by the masses? (best-practices) Be it that example or a better way to make multi-selects off a report that will be used by another report.

WF 5.3.5 / SOLARS 2.9 / Apache / Tomcat / Oracle (9.2/10g)

Posts: 62 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: September 30, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have tried something to make this work. I created a compute field that will display an HTML checkbox with the value of the parameter that I need to store and pass on later.

After doing some digging it looks like I could have those fields styled or just set the onclick event to loop through the checkbox and create a string of ID's.

My only issue now is I have no idea how to have that string read back into an amper variable?

Can someone tell me if this is possible and if so do you have a code sample??

Thanks,
john

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny5,

WF 5.3.5 / SOLARS 2.9 / Apache / Tomcat / Oracle (9.2/10g)

Posts: 62 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: September 30, 2005Report This Post