Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Include a fex in HTML composer layout

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Include a fex in HTML composer layout
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am using HTML composer Layout tool in DevStudio to create a dashboard type of report consisting of several graphs and reports. I have a data extract fex (db-xtr.fex) with the data logic and creates the hold file to be used by all individual objects within the dashboard. What is the syntax to include db-xtr.fex in the HTML code. If I include in the first fex (db-overview-gph.fex ), the first report displays fine, but the hold file is not visible for rest of the files. I have copied part of the code from the .HTM file.

Thank you.

<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto" edaconnectionrequired="true">
<IFRAME id=graph1 title=db-overview-gph.fex style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 800px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px; HEIGHT: 300px" tabIndex=1 name=graph1 src="" frameBorder=no scrolling=no HEIGHTOLD="300" WIDTHOLD="800" requests_list="0" autoExecute="True" size_to_fit="1" elementtype="3"></IFRAME>
<IFRAME id=graph2 title=db-flights-gph.fex style="Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 30px; WIDTH: 770px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 300px; HEIGHT: 250px" tabIndex=2 name=graph2 src="" frameBorder=no scrolling=no HEIGHTOLD="250" WIDTHOLD="770" requests_list="1" autoExecute="True" size_to_fit="1" elementtype="3"></IFRAME>
<IFRAME id=graph3 title=db-cabin-gph.fex style="Z-INDEX: 3; LEFT: 20px; WIDTH: 390px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 554px; HEIGHT: 300px" tabIndex=3 name=graph3 src="" frameBorder=no scrolling=no HEIGHTOLD="300" WIDTHOLD="360" requests_list="2" autoExecute="True" size_to_fit="1" elementtype="3"></IFRAME>
<IFRAME id=graph4 title=db-airport-gph.fex style="Z-INDEX: 4; LEFT: 396px; WIDTH: 385px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 554px; HEIGHT: 300px" tabIndex=4 name=graph4 src="" frameBorder=no scrolling=no HEIGHTOLD="300" WIDTHOLD="385" requests_list="3" autoExecute="True" size_to_fit="1" elementtype="3"></IFRAME>
<INPUT id=layoutinfo style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden>
<INPUT id=ibiapp_app style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=test name="ibiapp_app">
<xml id=focus_xmlelement>
<script>

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CT,

7.6.9, XP

Posts: 60 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 19, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Your extract program would have to either permanently allocate the file and then have a filedef in the referring programs to access it or you could possibly use FOCCACHE though I doubt. Probable all of your reports are running in different agents and context is cleared after the creation of the hold file. That is why you need to save it.

Is the file time or parameter sensitive. Maybe you could run the extract with Report Caster at another time and then reference the extract with a filedef in the referring programs.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I tried with filedef, but looks like there is a problem reading .fmt file.
I saved the masterfile as well as the .ftm in TEST folder where I have the source files (.htm and .fex)
APP HOLD TEST
APP FI HDBMAIN DISK TEST/HDBMAIN.ftm  

Then in my.fex files where I am using the hold file HDBMAIN, I added
FILEDEF HDBMAIN DISK TEST/HDBMAIN.ftm.
I also tried with fully qualified path
FILEDEF HDBMAIN DISK D:\ibi\apps\tset\HDBMAIN.ftm
I get the error, Reporting Server messages exceeded IBIF_max_messages, report retrieval aborted.
But if I manually add the line
DATASET='D:\ibi\apps\test\HDBMAIN.ftm' , $
to the master file HDBMAIN, the report runs fine. But I need to run dynamically from our user interface.
Thanks for your help.

7.6.9, XP

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well the first thing you have to do is figure out what is cause the max messages error. Put a readlimit is the program that is generating it. Make it small so that you don't exceed the errors. I'm wondering if your saved master doesn't match your data. You would get format errors if that is the case.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ginny. I get the IBIF-max messages if I do the filedef. If I manually modify the master file to add the data set, it works fine. The extarct hold file has around 40000 rows after the initial filtering and aggregation.
Here is a section from the master file when I add the data set
FILENAME=HDBMAIN , SUFFIX=FIX     , $
DATASET='D:\ibi\apps\test\HDBMAIN.ftm' , $

SEGMENT=HDBMAIN, SEGTYPE=S6, $

If I do APP FI and FILEDEF, I see the master file and .ftm being created, but it doesn't associate the .ftm file with .mas. I hope to find that missing link to associate them within code instead of manually modifying masterfile.
Thank for your help.

7.6.9, XP

Expert
posted Hide Post
You need to find out what the error is before you can fix it. Take the program that you think is failing and put a readlimit of 5 or 10 in it, make the output html, and then do a view source, scroll to the bottom and look at the message. Let me know what you find out.

Ginny

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You should include the html file from the db-xtr.fex. This will ensure that the hold file is created prior to the html page being called.

Also, in the db-xtr, your hold statement should be written as:
 ON TABLE HOLD AS foccache/HDBMAIN 

This will ensure that the hold file is written to the foccache directory, and that the DATASET attribute is written to the master file.

In other words, you will not have to worry about any FILEDEF statements.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks dhagen! it worked like a charm.

Ginny,Thanks for your suggestions. I will try with readlimit just to see what the problem was.

7.6.9, XP